MangaDex Enhancement SUite (MDesu)

MangaDex v3 is coming is here!

In preparation for MangaDex v3, I've been working on a Firefox extension to tweak some of the functionality of the site to better suit my preferences. The MangaDex Enhancement SUite (aka, MDesu), is a fairly minimalistic extension offering a few toggleable options to tweak the layout of site (mostly the new Reader).

Firefox addon: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/mangadex-enhancement-suite/

The toggleable options are revealed with a button added onto the Navbar.
Hidden: https://i.imgur.com/lR2tZ2j.png
Revealed: https://i.imgur.com/g7IfoFO.png

As of this writing (last updated: August 7, 2018), the tweaks currently available are:
[ul]General:
* Fix Navbar to top of page (rather than top of display)

Reader:
* Automatically scroll below navbar on page change (Only applies if Navbar is fixed to top of page)
* Fix the page tracker indicating page progress through the chapter to the bottom of the page.
* Have Reader controls collapsed by default
* Hide reader controls completely by default
* Fixed portrait width (Leave empty to scale automatically). Must use \"No resize\" fit mode to apply.
* Fixed portrait height (Leave empty to scale automatically). Must use \"No resize\" fit mode to apply.
* Fixed landscape width (Leave empty to scale automatically). Must use \"No resize\" fit mode to apply.
* Fixed landscape height (Leave empty to scale automatically). Must use \"No resize\" fit mode to apply.
* Space between images in Long Strip mode

Manga Page:
* Click 'read' field on chapter to mark chapter as read (still requires you to be following manga)
* Amount of padding on chapter rows (Leave empty for default).
* Color of highlighted row on chapter list (Leave unchecked for default).

Follows Page:
* Amount of padding on chapter rows (Leave empty for default).
* Color of highlighted row on chapter list (Leave unchecked for default).

Advanced Manga Search:
* Fixed image width for expanded view (Leave empty to scale automatically). Must use \"Expanded list\" view mode to apply.
* Fixed image height for expanded view (Leave empty to scale automatically). Must use \"Expanded list\" view mode to apply.
[/ul]

I made this extension to suit my personal preferences, so of course this wont be to everyone's liking, but I figured I would share it anyway.

If you have any thoughts or find any bugs, I'd be happy to take the feedback.

Miku best girl
Admin
An update to the beta reader is due to be rolled out very soon, fixing many bugs, so you may have to update your script to make it work.

Custom title
Staff
Developer
MDesu posted:

* Automatically scroll below navbar on page change (Only applies if Navbar is fixed to top of page)
* Fix the page tracker indicating page progress through the chapter to the bottom of the page.
* Have Reader controls collapsed by default
* Fixed portrait width (Leave empty to scale automatically). Must use "No resize" fit mode to apply.
* Fixed portrait height (Leave empty to scale automatically). Must use "No resize" fit mode to apply.
* Fixed landscape width (Leave empty to scale automatically). Must use "No resize" fit mode to apply.
* Fixed landscape height (Leave empty to scale automatically). Must use "No resize" fit mode to apply.
* Space between images in Long Strip mode (ie, how much space appears between images on Long Strip mode)
To comment based on the update that I've been working on:
* I haven't done anything about the fixed navbar, so maybe this could be valuable, dunno
* Already done
* Already done
* Already done (well rather it actually remembers the setting now)
* I've added a "maximum container width in pixels" setting that applies to all fit modes, and I'm not really seeing a reason for constraining height
* I don't have a separate setting for this, but the space between images (in any mode) is currently 2px, except for manga that are natively long strip which get set to 0px.

Well, the extension is an easy way for me to continue to make minor tweaks to my liking, so I'll keep it around, but overall I'm very happy with the new redesign.

Users who are viewing this thread