MangaDex Is Back!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a little problem that a chapter is loading so slow that the images is not showing at all, clean cache and hard refresh is not helping and only solved by using 1.1.1.1 app

Is it just me, or is the whole site super SUPER slow right now. Can't even load a page without an error occuring.

Dex-chan lover
Same for me. Thought it was a problem with my ISP at first (reddit was also loading slow at the time), but switching between various regions via VPN didn't help much either. Some issues with their CDN, perhaps.

Edit:
Heck, even the user profile pics on the forum are loading slow.

Miku best girl
Admin
Anyone having issues, please also state your country so we can see if we can narrow down the cause.

Dex-chan lover
^@Holo

Yesterday (around 16hours ago);
Singapore (residential ISP and ExpressVPN) , Malaysia (ExpressVPN) and Phuket (AzireVPN) IPs were slow. However, my self-rolled VPN on Singapore's Digital Ocean VPS datacenter was fast. Ditto Cloudflare's 1.1.1.1/Warp+ tunnel on my iDevice. Not sure what datacenters my other VPN providers are employing.

Right now;
Seems like speeds are better using my local residential SG (no VPN) IP. Still slower than normal, but at least a full page loads within 3-5 seconds (vs near-instant on normal days). Thing is, at least for me, it's been like this for the last two days. Image loading speeds around this time (afternoon 2- 5PM SG time/GMT+8) were good and dropped massively later in the evening (starting around 8PM up until after midnight), and only for Mangadex, so I can't say whether it's it's an issue with my ISP/region since everything else - other manga/image sites, heavy tech/news sites, downloads, streaming, etc - is fast. Don't think it's DNS related, since the page lookup is as fast as always. It's just the images and buttons that are excruciatingly slow to load. My first guess is a CDN issue of some sort, possibly coupled with load-balancing issues on said CDN point at a particular time of day, but I'm no web expert.

Group Leader
We're able to use the site fine, but uploading is a struggle from the UK (England); that page takes ages to load.

Just took five minutes of wait and refreshes to load the page.

@Zephyrus thought i should let you know :
there is a site using your site name showing up on my google search

DONT CLICK THE LINK UNLESS YOU KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING!!!
://mangadex.siteunblocked.fun/

im using umatrix among other things so i think im ok. but other people?..... i d k

also my username is coming up in the comments for this site ( up to December it looks like)

@Iwizesol I suggest you break that link by putting a space or something so that people don't accidentally click on it.

@Iwizesol actually it's not really something to freak out, just a fake site copying MD's database and many other sites that existed for a long time now. Give people a warning if they do not know about it is enough, and if you can, help report fake sites to Google using this link: https://safebrowsing.google.com/safebrowsing/report_phish/?hl=en

Good morning. Is there any issue with the "Last Update" page? It doesn't go over the second page (yesterday evening didn't go after the third forth page if I remember well), so it's impossible to check for new updates of some hour ago (because usually a person cannot login every 2-3 hour on the whole day, so he need to check even the day before's releases, going back for more than 24h).

Hello, i don't know why but suddenly i can't load any image from any older chapters. this started around 5 minutes ago.

Group Leader
@Teasday
There seems to be a small problem with the reader as shown in this image:
syzosjq.png

As you can see, part of the sidebar is hidden and is in full view only if I scale down the page to 80% or lower like this

L7yPc0a.png

some problem here in malaysia and Indonesia, some images took long time to load, some only half of it got loaded and some is just a blank.

but i digress, my pc has been weird lately. and that could cause the weirdness i had

Custom title
Staff
Developer
@Shin_968 Yeah that's because of the footer being too wide again thanks to the Path link being readded, will fix

@Duckiedoggo Clear the cache for mangadex.org

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread