MangaDex Is Back!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Supporter
Well, I'll report that older chapters, at least the ones I have tested, returned for me today.
On the issue of ads and financial support, I didn't bother reading the reports about the situation back when the support system worked (if there were any), but since the site actually worked with no issues, and a change as big as this one has been possible and pretty much seamless, I will guess things were okay on that front before. So I guess there is enough people willing to help so that it actually worked before. Maybe things will get more expensive after the change, so I can't confidently say the same system would work from now on, but it's a safe bet, isn't it?
I'm strongly against ads in any form on the site. I don't think the ad economy has brought much good to the internet in the last 10 years, and I don't think it will get any better in the future. The natural movement should be away from it.
I'm speaking a bit off my ass here, I assume you have already considered these options. Maybe you could set up a Paypal account with automatic transference? You could also negotiate with Patreon, but I don't trust those guys one bit, and I would personally try to avoid them, but it seems it has worked for a lot of people, so maybe.

i don't mind ads, as long as they are not splicity, if that makes thing easier on you guys i am all for it

Contributor
When server moving will be complete? Because some chapters that were uploaded before moving have few pages missing and I don't know if it's ok to report it anywhere?

Double-page supporter
I'm eagerly awaiting being able to support you guys, through whatever method you work out!

Going without MD for a short time showed me how much this site means to me, so I want to contribute now more than ever ^_^

Custom title
Staff
Developer
@bastek66 posted:

When server moving will be complete? Because some chapters that were uploaded before moving have few pages missing and I don't know if it's ok to report it anywhere?
Don't report chapters for having "missing" or broken pages.

I've been able to read old chapters for a couple days now...

Not all, some are still broken while there are some that are accessible. Still good job @Mangadex crew for the hard work of moving servers and keeping us in the loop. :)

Supporter
@Warm_N_Moist Changing the server works for me, if I leave it as Auto then I can't read old chapters either. Have you tried that?

Custom title
Staff
Developer
While we're on .cc, old chapters are going to work at pretty much the rate of chance

Contributor
Pretty much, old chapters I wasnt able to read. I put in Bookmark "on hold"
Thanks god, the MD has features of Bookmark separator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread