MangaDex Network: Free Hosting For Scanlators!

Status
Not open for further replies.
WordPress multisite eh? It's good. Has a ton of plugin for it, my own Comic Easel plugin and ComicPress theme works for it as well.

If you ever need any custom php done for wpms message me.

TL;DR: any alternative way to access scanlation hosting service beside using mangadex(dot)com?

I'm sorry if i sound like a party poopers, but mangadex(dot)com is blocked in my country
hello from IDN
. Is there any alternative way to access the hosting service beside from the mangadex(dot)com? Say alternate address like mangadex(dot)moe or scanlationdex(dot)org? or maybe you could setup proxy to access the hosting service? Also I think my country is more likely to block the website if you use (dot)com, consider that (dot)org still accessible without using any proxy service, be it vpn or dnscrypt. I'm sorry if this post is too long. Thank you.

Edit: wrong ISO country code.
Edit2: change TL;DR wording.

Dex-chan lover
@venfare bro i'm from indonesia too. just stick with dot-org for now. as long as those fun-hating govvy guys aren't blocking that we're good

Staff
Admin
@venfare

We might have an alternative we could use. We'll get back to you.

Yup. We can offer Indonesian groups a groupname.anidex.moe domain if they want one.

@Wolvenworks

if you mean mangadex(dot)org is perfectly usable for reading the scanlation work. It's the hosting service (mangadex(dot)com), indonesian scanlator cannot used it. In case Indonesian scanlator wanted to use it tho. Also if you noticed that:

[ol]
[li](dot)com is easily detected by governor
fanatic
to be blocked. Example yuri-ism(dot)com, but not yuri-ism(dot)net. also hentai(dot)cafe accessible for at least nine month without proxy, cmiiw, before being blocked last June.[/li]
[li]Also if the site is blocked once, they might not check if the site completely inaccessible by alternate domain, example: old nyaa(dot)eu is inaccessible, but alternate nyaa domain is not blocked at all
the one before nyaa(dot)si
. Of course this is dependent on the blocked site reputation. More popular the blocked site, more effort on finding ways to blocked every single alternate domain that lead to the blocked site.[/li]
[/ol]

@ixlone & @Holo

Thank You for your consideration.

Dex-chan lover
@venfare
How about good ol' proxies, VPNs, or Tor? Are those blocked too?

Speaking of circumvention tools, I'm quite curious as to what the site admin's stand regarding these tools, whether they allow VPN or Tor access to MangaDex or not.

Custom title
Staff
Developer
@karappo posted:

Speaking of circumvention tools, I'm quite curious as to what the site admin's stand regarding these tools, whether they allow VPN or Tor access to MangaDex or not.
We're not really doing anything to actively prevent using, say, Tor to access the site, but due to CloudFlare and possibly some other factors people may or may not have issues with accessing the site or especially the reader. As far as I'm personally concerned that's a bug rather than a feature, but on the other hand we have more pressing issues to work through first.

Dex-chan lover
@karappo proxies and VPNs aren't exactly an ideal solution in most cases, especially those that lower your speed significantly, but they are not blocked. IIRC you can't block VPNs and proxies.

Fed-Kun's army
The (dot)com domain was blocked because md were publicly hosting hentai in the first few week. Then thosr morons never bothered to unblock it unless someone made complain to govt

yu6

Contributor
Great idea!
Why not adding a link to the menu at the top?

ps: for now how many groups joined the free hosting? (I'm curious)

Miku best girl
Admin
Around 20 groups have signed up for a blog.

Group Leader
OMG thanks guys this is so wonderful and helpful ?
for a group Scanlation like mine i am buying the manga with my personal money
so i don't have the money for custom domain so i am using facebook page

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread