MangaDex Suggested Features: Megathread

Miku best girl
Admin
@Teddy
Try the experimental infinite scroll mode.
It should work like what you suggested.
Images further down only load when you scroll there.

@everyone else, good suggestions, keep it up! Some of these are already on the list for implementation.

Power Uploader
Later, when we have more categories in follows, it would be cool if we could sort new follows directly into preferred category.

something like this
ZeF6nxy.png

Contributor
Random Manga box on the home page still doesn't have a refresh button on it. Also right below it is "Recent Forum Posts" so uhhhh

I've looked in the list and I think this has not yet been proposed, and it may be no more than a fancy from my part, but I would really enjoy it if the "follow" list were to have thte manga image and not just the titles. It would bu so satisfying to see each characteristic draw style as a record for the things I've read.
Again, it's really just my own perception. Do you think it is in the interest of everyone, or at least of a majority?

Power Uploader
@Alraisen I think it goes under "Thumbnails on follows list" but I will add it anyway.

Dex-chan lover
I think an "abandoned" or "dropped" tag could help since I'm recently seeing a lot of dropped mangas being uploaded here. This would help some readers to not waste time in reading something that will not be continued if they so desire but it would also help groups who are looking for free titles to pick up (making searching for them easier) ?

Contributor
mgfEPLN.png

I want to see the chapter comment count on this icon in the reader.

And also comments should be embedded in the reader page like how they are on the manga title page.

Contributor
Instead of just Genre tags, Content Tags would be great.

List of all New Manga would be good. Even if it's only the past week or two and updates every 10min.
Make the "New Manga" title clickable on the front page.

Custom title
Staff
Developer
I think an "abandoned" or "dropped" tag could help since I'm recently seeing a lot of dropped mangas being uploaded here.
That's meta information about the scanlation status, not the actual manga, not to mention there may be several groups in several languages doing releases, so a manga-wide tag about one specific group would be dumb.

Random Manga box on the home page still doesn't have a refresh button on it.
And won't until there's some major changes

Contributor
I'm gonna second the unique author/artist pages as clicking on them now isn't actually very helpful when there are a shit ton of other authors that share similar names. For example, if I want to find stuff by the author of Ore ga... Yuri!?, I don't really want to see this page.

bam

Power Uploader
can we get user descriptions on our profiles (like the ones on group pages) that'd be nice.

Contributor
Sup guys, I have a small suggestion but one which will definitely help. That is to add a option to add the publisher name, for example Shonen Jump, Jump Squats, Kadokawa and etc. This will also help in making searching for manga from same publisher easy.
Thnx for reading my small request.
Love from India

Yo, Seeing searching by number of available chapters on the list is great. I'd be in love with that feature. Personally, though, I'd love to see info on how many chapters a manga has on the site all the time. e.g. in regular search results, or the detailed and list views of /titles. I'd like to have it right there next to the rating, follows, and views. It's crazy to me how few places consider this critical info.

This would be super helpful to me since I try to avoid picking up things with too few chapters out, and gravitate towards more developed series'.

Contributor
I'd like to make a suggestion about the manga presentation page. Sorry if it's been already pointed before and sorry if my english is bad.

-Add "Circle" name as most doujinshi have that, some times artist doesn't even use his own name or pen name. Dunno if it's the same for serialized manga but one artist do come in my mind: OH! Great (OGURE Ito).

-Add the possibility to add various author/artist the same way you add links or related manga as sometimes they do have different artist like for doing a collabo or even Anthology comics too.
Like when adding a new artist, you put "&" between them and if there's a lot like for Anthology comics, put "," between and end with a "&". Something like that.
It's also to ease the research for artist since currently putting two name is considered as being a single artist.

-For manga and doujinshi that doesn't have an original manga (ex: KanColle, Touhou), how about adding a "Based Parody" textbox or something if we want to look at only manga/doujinshi based on that? Something like in doujinshi.org.

-About the status, I think we should rename it or do something different. I got too used from other manga reader website where the status is based on the translation progress, it makes a lot of confusion for most of us.
Also, some manga happened to be discontinued (just learned it from Tsukiyo no Fromage for example), so a "Completed" status would be incorrect.
How about instead, we put the status for translation progress and we add the numbers of Volume and Chapter just like on MyAnimeList in case if it's completed in the original country?

Contributor
There was a recent change to the manga list under follows where it shows covers and expanded information instead of just lists, it would be nice if it was toggle-able. I'm personally not a fan of the expanded information because I already know most of the series I follow by name and it feels more bloated when I just want to go through my list and find a title I'm familiar with.

Power Uploader
@Aruseus493 You can change how you view your follows list here.

05ztWJV.png

Contributor
Since someone uploaded a webnovel it would be a good idea to add a new type of tag for this type of material.

Users who are viewing this thread