MangaDex Suggested Features: Megathread

din

sjiveru 6 days ago
I'd love to be able to follow authors and artists, not just groups or manga.
^this. + ability to sort (or get notification) by new if there is new series added to site under the name of someone you follow.
Artists like boichi have so many mangas at the same time and some of them get axed/dropped and they start over. And it's hard to know about new series if you don't use some kind of manga news site each day or follow their social media.

Custom title
Staff
Developer
-For manga and doujinshi that doesn't have an original manga (ex: KanColle, Touhou), how about adding a "Based Parody" textbox or something if we want to look at only manga/doujinshi based on that? Something like in doujinshi.org.
I brought this problem up back when the relations were implemented, although that discussion kinda died then and there. The best solution that's implementable right now, that I could come up with anyway, is to create dummy manga pages. Name them like "Touhou Project (franchise)" or whatever. You wouldn't upload chapters to them, but you would use them to add for example "Same franchise" relations to a single point of origin.

Whether Holo has objections or other plans I've no idea, I don't remember him mentioning anything.

Contributor
@KN-XIII Honestly, not sure. MangaDex does seem to be a bit more open about things (like allowing hentai), so wouldn't be surprised. But, in the event they are, the tag would be needed.

Instrumentality Instigator
Staff
Super Moderator
Just edited the title to be a little more accurate and clear. Keep up the good work potato and company!

Fed-Kun's army
In my humble opinion, @Hounder 's suggestion of banning some kinds of hentai is a very wrong idea, as it plays along the game of very bad repressive ideologies... it's not up to us to decide what users can or cannot read: that's up to users, using tags, content descriptions and optional filters.

Note: I'm not bashing against Hounder, he suggested that just out of concern for the site

Fed-Kun's army
@AviKav page 1 of this thread, one of the comments down the page

Fed-Kun's army
Did somebody already suggested to implement a way to quickly list only mangas with completed translation for binge reading purpose ?

is a Reindeer
VIP
Nobody suggested that yet but it can be a feature when scanlation status gets implemented.

Fed-Kun's army
Nice ? !
One step at the time and soon this site will fly so high ?
Thanks and keep up the good work !

I would like to have an option to hide manga I do not read or are not interested in reading.
So basically not show it on front page when a new chapter is uploaded.
Please consider something like that.
Also marking manga as read when I have finished it.
Thanks for the awesome job you are all doing to make this site the best site to read manga.

Is there currently any way to add chapters that have been released by scanlators but are delayed on MangaDex to the Follows/Latest Updates page as well?

For example, if Meraki releases a new chapter of something they are scanlating, is there any way to add the chapter with the "in xx hours" on the Latest Updates page? At the moment, I think the only way to know if a chapter has been released at all is to either check r/manga, or wait for the delay to run out, at which point the chapter finally appears in the Follows list.

While /follows/manga/ does bring up the manga's name if new chapters have been released and are awaiting the delay timer, that page seems to also be updated whenever there is an update in any other language than the ones selected, and also doesn't actually say the chapter number, making it difficult to know if there is actually a new chapter in English, or if an older chapter has just been translated in a different language, which I feel is less than ideal.

If this setting is not already available, I'd really appreciate it if you could add an option to toggle the visibility of released but Delayed chapters on the Follows/Latest Updates page.

EDIT
Here's a mockup of what I'm trying to ask for: https://imgur.com/cwp0WkU

Twi

I don’t think anyone suggested a recommended list on a manga page to read similar mangas. Just finished reading a chapter of fluff and just thought I could never get enough fluff.

Wold it be possible to implement a zoom on mouse over function for thumbnails in the front page?
Especially for the side bar lists a zoom to about the size of the ones on featured page would help a lot.

For some reason the idea of page refreshing while swapping from chapter to comments and vice versa seems odd.It was better the original way when the chapter page smoothly transitioned to the comments.

Custom title
Staff
Developer
I don’t think anyone suggested a recommended list on a manga page to read similar mangas. Just finished reading a chapter of fluff and just thought I could never get enough fluff.
It's been suggested, part of the problem is how to determine what to recommend.

Group Leader
Was there any easy way to sort the followed manga from the follows page rather than going to each manga page?

Users who are viewing this thread