MangaDex v3 is live, and a general site update!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Instrumentality Instigator
Staff
Super Moderator
Congratulations @Holo! Thanks to everyone who helped support the new version.

Everything seems to be working fine on android firefox. Tho I am wondering if there is a way to remove the big red button that gets to the top of the page since it's pretty obstructive.

Dex-chan lover
Oh great, now I have to fiddle with options to get back the minimal simple UI it used to have ... if at all possible.

Not sure if feedback goes here, but the new reader has an annoying feature. If i scroll too much near the last page of a chapter, it takes me back to the manga chapter list which is really annoying. Also long strip mode won't load all images now as it used to before the update

Miku best girl
Admin
If you dislike the new reader, go to the settings to use the legacy reader.

Staff
Admin
@saitohd

You can disable that in the settings on right side.

Page turn by vertical scrolling > disabled.

Make sure you enabled long strip in settings - again on right side. Can confirm it is working.

Staff
Admin
@Exile

It is possible. And it's a one time setting to change.

Or you can click latest updates and get a super lean version.

> Also long strip mode won't load all images now as it used to before the update
This is the biggest drawback for me. I kept everything in long-strip mode due ti it loading everything upfront so:
A- Spotty wifi wouldn't give out halfway through a chapter. If the page loaded everything at the start, I could read to the end without being connected to the net at all.
B- I can't preload some chapters in tabs and take my laptop somewhere without wifi as it'll only load the first 5 images at most.

If "Preload images (0 to 5)" instead had the option to preload **ALL** the images, this would be so much better for me.

Towa-sama's Lover
Group Leader
is reading history still not fixed yet?
or it just only me?

@saitohd there is preload setting. should give it a try it is pretty handy i have mine at 3 and have no problem with it.

@Holo have a setting for long strip to load all in sequence or higher preload than just 5 right now may help too?

Dex-chan lover
Hey I'm not trying to be rude or diss your hard work or anything (because I really appreciate it!) but is there any way to revert back to the old reader? I think the new one is way too cluttered and unorganized. I dislike the new interactive features honestly. I had it set to long strip version for a reason; I just wanted it to display all the images in a readable format, but the new layout screws me over. I don't want to go to the next/previous chapter just by scrolling. I don't want to be stopped from going to the next page just because the page wasn't loaded yet, if it wasn't loaded yet because it really disrupts my reading. I'd rather just reload the whole page than this.

We can no longer delete our own comments? Only the "Edit" button is appearing here.

Group Leader
Hey I'm on an iPad 2 and everything works great except for the reader nothing loads and I can interact with reader settings it works on my phone so I am worried I'm screwed but if there is a fix or a way to use the old reader that would be nice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread