MangaDex v5 Dev Suggestions: The Real Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dex-chan lover
Having a search button in forum to find thread/in thread to find comment

Having a page skip button instead of just next and previous page in forum

Maybe upvote/downvote not sure if requested before.

And probably just dramadex

Power Uploader
What about searching through the follow lists, or at least through the default lists (completed/reading/et cetera)?

Is there a way to see when a group revises a chapter, like fixing typos or re-uploading from a LQ scan to a HQ scan? From what I see, MD only shows when chapters are added, but not when they're edited. Maybe you can add a stat beside the age to indicate when a chapter's been last revised.

Dex-chan lover
Personally, i’d Like to be able to follow authors, specifically, cuz I’m always wondering what some artist is doing next; it would be great to get alerts on that but, maybe that’s what “author pages” is supposed to be, in which case, good lookin’ out.

Please keep the [BETA] recommendation option located in the advanced settings or something like it. Unlike it's name, it does show recommendation but actually your unread follows. It was super useful and convenient for me and probably the other people who knew about it and used it.

Addendum:
Also, this is just a little thing but please resolve the bug associated with this feature. On iOS, the page infinitely buffers with the rotating circle if you are on the recommendation page, go to chapter comments, and then press back. I'll seen this happen on both Edge and Google Chrome. This happens in the non-beta version of iOS 13.3. Although it shows the page as buffering, the page and its element below the rotating circle indicator appear to be fully loaded.

How hard is it to save image dimension metadata and have the reader preload page space for each image that is about to be loaded?

This is so that:
1. The scroll position won't be pushed back up the page when the next chronological image loads
2. Before it finishes loading, you can start scrolling down a long strip image to the position you actually want to see

Something that I'd always thought would be nice to have is more information accessible and searchable on any given manga. Original Serialization Date/Conclusion. Magazine/Media of Origin. Possibly even format, Monthly/Weekly/Daily/Etc.

Custom title
Staff
Developer
@artikandri posted:

Im a developer myself, and Im not too thrilled by this announcement. By using Vue, there is a possibility of the site becomes bloated and too heavy to load on mobile browser. Hope it wont happen.
MPAs are overall far slower, heavier to load, and harder to cache locally on mobile and desktop browsers alike, but stuff like navigation on SPAs is also obviously more user friendly on devices with spotty internet connections and such

We're not living in the 2000s anymore, js doesn't automatically equal "bloat"

@AbyssalMonkey posted:

I can already run a script to download the entire chapter list anyway. It's not hard.

Pushing that behind a supporter tag is just going to get you labeled as a money making pyramid scheme. "You've got to buy to download chapters!"
As you say, we don't even try to prevent anyone from downloading the chapters if they want. They're fully accessible, and putting a possible convenience method for the especially lazy behind a paywall wouldn't change that.

If it's particularly for the purposes of archiving, nobody in their right mind would be doing that manually by browsing the site and pressing buttons. You'd do it with a script, and the API improvements would only make discovery easier.

Im 50/50 on the SPA since the website works ok but if it means progress towards a better public api then I'm in.

Just a minor thing that makes me slightly annoyed, any chance of making the reload image button restart the buffer, in case of failing to load multiple pages?
Can't really see why we need to press the same function for each individual page.

I'd love to see a feed filter by region.
Like manga, manhwa, manhua, or others.
Since i think many people, including me didn't interested in manhwa or manhua in general.

Does this mean the legacy reader is going away? Please no :(
Although if there's an API to get chapter & image info I won't mind so much.

Anything that makes it easier to grab the images, so I can use my own reader, works for me. (I do tend to turn off images in the browser before I open the chapter to not hit the image servers more than needed.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread