Mangastream is dead...

Lux

Power Uploader
@jak @NLight

Oh, i thought MS only hosted their own releases. Thank goodness we'll still have AnY then.

Dex-chan lover
@throwaway4ccount

Ok, seems I wasn't interested in their series/translations. But if price for publishers shifting to free/cheap simulpubs with acceptable/decent quality is just death of some groups I see no problems here.

Something like 〈You were here when we needed you. Thank you. Now it's time to move.

Double-page supporter
@BzzBzz

That's a big "if". Keep in mind that their motive is greed, and not our enjoyment. It's our money, not appreciation, they want.

A few years ago, the same happened with the korean webtoons; naver pulled them from sites like Batoto for the release of their new english app, LINE. The result? Quite a few series have been left in the dust, never to be translated, and the early translation were utter garbage, because apparently Naver couldn't hire people that could speak decent english. Even nowadays, quite a few of their series have questionable translations, and they don't seem to proofread either.

WSJ and VIZ are probably gonna do a better job, but still, I'm always doubtful about companies. Their motive is only money, anything else is tertiary.

Is it okay to have any translations for their series up? One Piece has a new fan translation up right now on MD and I'm worried that this site gets nuked because of it.

Miku best girl
Admin
@Tiiliuu

We are currently amending the rules to ban early releases. Having their titles isn't the issue, it's having them early.

Dex-chan lover
So kny is the only wsj series thats still unofficially scanlated right? Everything else should be on m+

Fed-Kun's army
Kimetsu no Yaiba? it's on both Viz and M+, but unlike OP, BC, BnHA and a few others, it isn't popular with fan scan, or a bit more accurately, has way less early raw leaks.

Group Leader
Honestly I'd take up Chi if absolutely nobody else did, bc I need to know the ending of this bizzaro incest? story one way or another lol.
But I'm called trash scans for a reason. Let's pray someone of better quality takes my threat seriously and gives us decent releases.

Dex-chan lover
i heard that mangaplus has really bad scans. is that true?

we have certainly hit dark times. i must mourn.

Group Leader
@Wolvenworks it's not really bad in my opinion, it's just so-so
but if you compared it to some of the veteran groups in the scanlation world, they are definitely better than M+

for me, as long as it's readable, it's enough
and when there's a free and legal way to read manga in English, I will gladly appreciate and use it

You have to enable good quality or it will look really bad. The name of character is not followed the fan scans so it can be annoyed.

Dex-chan lover
Shueisha has access to the original scans, that the mangaka sent them. It‘s the highest possible quality.
And yet they are scaling down the quality for Mangaplus. That is inexcusable. I will not support Mangaplus.

Time to grow out of WSJ I guess. Not gonna follow it if it's a hassle to read.

Those kinds of news aren't good for my heart.

I fear same thing might happen to our beloved MangaDex.

Contributor
Would this mean that uploading Mangastream chapters here is fair game now, after we wait a bit to make sure they're disbanded? I'm not going to touch any of the WSJ series with a ten-foot pole, but there are some non-WSJ series MS did that, given they shut down, now would otherwise be impossible to find.

Dex-chan lover
> i heard that mangaplus has really bad scans. is that true?

Depends. Resolution-wise it's usual Jump's (780-800)x(1145-1200). Some series go up to 1080x1620.
The real problem is overcompressed JPEGs. 51% quality was obviously not so good idea.

Edit: but even this overcompressed shit was better than what JB used last time I checked about 2-3 months ago.

Users who are viewing this thread