Manuke na FPS Player ga Isekai e Ochita Baai - Vol. 3 Ch. 16.1

What are people smoking to think that MC's avatar could be perceived as a girl? His avatar being bishounen-type and the art being... uh, very weird might confuse people, but look at how the author draw other girls, and use that as standard. Also see chapter 4.2, the conversation with the thugs definitely says that he is perceived as a guy without ambiguity.

Ah sheet the chapters was so short! Ah yes cat girls make everything better.

manga is ok, the novel starts well but goes down hill and is awful, the author knows bugger all about guns, seems to think putting a silencer on a P90 makes it silent when the round is super sonic, and as the novel progresses he turns into a passive aggressive cuck getting up tight about the wamens.

Fed-Kun's army
Page 2, panel 3. Inbetween the speech-bubble and the black-clothed man.

That woman in the background. Do you remember her? She's almost everywere.

The author is so lazy, to just copy-paste.

Dex-chan lover
Considering this fucker is literally swimming in game currency, I'd like to see him actually spending it.
Also, given how huge and hulking some of these monsters are that he's going up against, why not a magazine-fed 12 gauge shotgun? Slugs are... insanely powerful, deadly, and accurate out to ~100 yards. And I don't care what you are, you're not going to enjoy being hit with 00 buck. This isn't even touching things like FRAG-12s, which a game arsenal is likely to have.

Even as someone that really likes the P90 and enjoyed shooting a PS90 (though no where near enough to pay for one and having to pay for the ammo to shoot it), I have to say sticking with the P90 and other PDWs/SMGs is quite possibly the worst option for non-human opponents he could be making. The whole point of 5.7x28 is to be able to have a compact means to pierce soft body armor at a distance and to do it enough so that the terminal ballistics don't really matter. When you have something that weighs literal tons, is a walking giant and can easily kill you... Perhaps hosing them down with high velocity low weight projectiles that aren't doing to do much to flesh isn't really necessary. And let's not act like he needs the awesome power of 5.7x28 to penetrate these monsters' skin when he was using an MP5A2 to begin with and a 1oz slug is going to ruin your fucking day enough if it somehow miraculously doesn't penetrate. Bluntforce trauma is still a thing. And physics still works. If anything can be taken down with arrows, swords or magic, a firearm with the proper application will be even more effective.

If I were our ambiguously androgynous main character, I'd probably be breaking out the beltfeds/GPMGs right now or otherwise using an USAS-12/AA-12 loaded with alternating rounds of 00 buck and 1oz slugs for maximum "fuck your shit" anti-monster slaying effect (well, I say that, but a Milkor would probably be about as maximum "fuck your shit" monster slaying as you could get without the aide of power armor or a vehicle... or maybe a GM-94 with thermobaric rounds for close quarters assuming the ventilation in Labyrinths is good enough - a disturbing lack of grenade launchers thus far). An FN FAL or AR-10 wouldn't be a bad choice, either. Especially with a drum mag.

Dex-chan lover
@unk0damnation @Beregorn @boogle @SunSun @Mikey
What are people smoking to think that MC's avatar could be perceived as a girl? His avatar being bishounen-type and the art being... uh, very weird might confuse people, but look at how the author draw other girls, and use that as standard. Also see chapter 4.2, the conversation with the thugs definitely says that he is perceived as a guy without ambiguity.

...My dude, go back and read the first couple of chapters. I remember reading this when it was first being translated and I, too, thought he was a chick.
These are some of the more egregious shots, but... Look at this. Look at the CHEST.
x2.png

x3.png

x4.png

x3.png

x8.png

x10.png

x3.png

x7.png

x19.png

x6.png
You can see it protruding quite a bit enough to look like there is something under it to make it do so (and, no, it's not armor). And look at those hips and ass... Just sayin', but they look awfully damn feminine. Shit, even his STANCE looks feminine in some of these.

Given that he can customize his avatar at any point, as Mikey pointed out, and that after changing clothes all that femininity stops I'm going to go with Mikey on this one and say, absolutely, he looks like a muscular/athletic girl but left ambiguous enough to play it either way. But isn't it strange for the first few chapters that "he" looks like a tomboy with small-but-still-there breasts and hips that look more akin for birthing and suddenly becomes much more consistent and masculine after confirming he could change his avatar?

@definitionofinsanity

Which is why I said use other girls the author drew as a standard. He simply doesn't qualify as a girl in that drawing style (hint: all important girls so far seems to be... uh... showing more skin).

And author's drawing style is very, very weird. It kinds of get more consistent at this point, but the 'breast' you think was there was gradually changing. There was never any mention from the NPC girl that "Oh, you changed into a man, where's your boobs now?", so I'm not convinced the avatar-change theory can be canon. The drawing sucks, get over it.

@Mikey

All it says to me is the art is simply inconsistent. Look at the different panels @definitionofinsanity posted (or read the full chapters 1-3) - the 'breast' is sometimes there, sometimes not, all in one chapter, switching back and forth. If the tankoubon cover was made when the tank version actually came out (and not from some art the author prepared long before), then that simply means that's how (s)he's supposed to look like as the author drawing gets more consistent.

From story standpoint, I don't see any reason why I should think he's changing avatar, especially when the people he met with the 'first avatar' can recognize him without problem and didn't point out anything special after he had the said breast reduction. I think someone also mentioned about the novel, which never brought up explicitly whether MC's a he or a she... which only reinforce the point that the boobs never had any significance in the story in the first place.

Dex-chan lover
@unk0damnation
Which is why I said use other girls the author drew as a standard. He simply doesn't qualify as a girl in that drawing style (hint: all important girls so far seems to be... uh... showing more skin).

This is irrelevant. Other characters are other characters and don't necessarily have any impact on the character design of the main character.
Also, your own claims are torpedoed by this very chapter.
Mind pointing out here where breasts/cleavage and exposed skin is emphasized?
x9.png
Going by your logic, can we safely rule that because their tits aren't spilling out that Sasanqua apparently doesn't check for their "female only" employment standards very highly and these two (especially the mage) are, in fact, both dudes that infiltrated the female-only adventurers clan for nefarious purposes. Clearly.

And author's drawing style is very, very weird. It kinds of get more consistent at this point, but the 'breast' you think was there was gradually changing.

...And? You have small breasts under armor with only a small protrusion. Sometimes the angle isn't going to show it. Especially in some of the weird angles/stances where the breasts would be minimalized (like how even women with large breasts can make them look smaller by stretching or lying on their backs).

Also, the birthing hips? Look at that hip ratio. That... that isn't a male ratio. That's feminine. The hips don't lie, that's just anatomy that you're hard-pressed to fake like what with breasts.

There was never any mention from the NPC girl that "Oh, you changed into a man, where's your boobs now?", so I'm not convinced the avatar-change theory can be canon. The drawing sucks, get over it.

The guy also has a stick that cracks thunder and rips apart flesh like nothing else in their world and they don't bring it up. Nor him being able to sense monsters. Or do lots of the shit he does. (Ironically the novel does touch on this more, especially in the labyrinth mapping arc.) It could be that because he acted mascularly and referred to himself that way (or sounded it) that they just thought it was his clothing/armor and didn't bring it up again. He's androgynous as fuck, especially in the first few chapters, but acting and referring to himself in a more masculine manner. Why would they bring up tits that were barely there, especially when he changes into a heavy overjacket and is acting like a man?

@definitionofinsanity
The mage and the catgirl? We'll have to see if they play a big role in the story. Then fanservice will ensue in one form or another. You need to learn how fanservice strategy is employed, and thinking that my comment about open-skin implies this:

Going by your logic, can we safely rule that because their tits aren't spilling out that Sasanqua apparently doesn't check for their "female only" employment standards very highly and these two (especially the mage) are, in fact, both dudes that infiltrated the female-only adventurers clan for nefarious purposes. Clearly.

Means you're still green at this.

...And? You have small breasts under armor with only a small protrusion. Sometimes the angle isn't going to show it. Especially in some of the weird angles/stances where the breasts would be minimalized (like how even women with large breasts can make them look smaller by stretching or lying on their backs).

Also, the birthing hips? Look at that hip ratio. That... that isn't a male ratio. That's feminine. The hips don't lie, that's just anatomy that you're hard-pressed to fake like what with breasts.

Pffft, you believe in the drawing so much?

The guy also has a stick that cracks thunder and rips apart flesh like nothing else in their world and they don't bring it up. Nor him being able to sense monsters. Or do lots of the shit he does. (Ironically the novel does touch on this more, especially in the labyrinth mapping arc.)

About his abilities, they do bring them up, but chalk it up as magics - horrible writing I know, but they do notice it. I don't see how the horrible writing on this part means "They must have skipped on people's reaction about how his body changed!". His appearance (in relation to his gender) was never been touched in the story so far, that just means nothing worthwhile happened to it.

It could be that because he acted mascularly and referred to himself that way (or sounded it) that they just thought it was his clothing/armor and didn't bring it up again. He's androgynous as fuck, especially in the first few chapters, but acting and referring to himself in a more masculine manner. Why would they bring up tits that were barely there, especially when he changes into a heavy overjacket and is acting like a man?

Again, I already mentioned he was clearly treated as a man by thugs who saw him for the first time. They never see him 'act like a man', because when I read the story, I already assume people see him as a man all the time - it just fits the narrative except the ambiguous art in the beginning. But the way I see it you are already set on your mind that MC's avatar HAS to be a girl, and just employ mental gymnastics so the story fits around it. Then I can't help you.

Dex-chan lover
@unk0damnation
The mage and the catgirl? We'll have to see if they play a big role in the story. Then fanservice will ensue in one form or another. You need to learn how fanservice strategy is employed, and thinking that my comment about open-skin implies this:
They're present throughout the labyrinth arc. They're not throw-away characters that we'll never see again. So... try again.

Means you're still green at this.
It was sarcasm. Jesus.

Pffft, you believe in the drawing so much?
Nuh-uh. We don't get to play the "have your cake and eat it" bit. You don't get to pull that card when you make the argument that how much skin characters are showing in their art means how feminine they are viewed or... whatever you were trying to argue. If the art matters to you in one regard, you don't get to disregard it when it doesn't suit you.

About his abilities, they do bring them up, but chalk it up as magics - horrible writing I know, but they do notice it. I don't see how the horrible writing on this part means "They must have skipped on people's reaction about how his body changed!". His appearance (in relation to his gender) was never been touched in the story so far, that just means nothing worthwhile happened to it.
You do realize that only the two girls from the guild had any lengthy interaction with him before he changes his avatar (and, yes, he DOES change it - even if you think he's always been a man, he does change clothes with the VMB system, and it makes specific reference to his avatar when he does this - because after all, he still has the same body as the game and not his real life body).

Again, I already mentioned he was clearly treated as a man by thugs who saw him for the first time
...And as myself and others tried to point out to you, this was after he changed his avatar. Notice that he goes to the inn, goes and changes his avatar and his gun into a FN 57 and and he goes out and that's when the thugs confront him and he shoots the one in the leg with the 57. AFTER HE CHANGED HIS AVATAR WITH VMB. ...So for you to bring up the confrontation with the thugs that happens after this... I... What even.

Him changing his avatar (and specifically mentioning that was what he was doing):
x4.png

The incident you constantly cite, 5 fucking pages later in the same chapter:
x9.png

So either you're getting the events mixed up or... I don't even know. But for you to keep referencing this is pretty damn silly. Anything after he changed his avatar at that point is useless to cite because it's after that that we no longer see his androgynous features. Meaning if he was a female avatar, he changed it. And I don't see ANYONE saying he's a woman after that. No fucking shit the thugs didn't think he was a woman when that's after he changed his avatar and the art no longer showed the androgynous features. I was hoping cause and effect and linear time wouldn't have to be explained.

They never see him 'act like a man',
...That's kinda torpedoing your own argument, but keep in mind that his androgynous appearance only lasts about 3 chapters and the ONLY incident you've used thus far to back up your claims is... one where after he changed his avatar.

it just fits the narrative except the ambiguous art in the beginning.
But the way I see it you are already set on your mind that MC's avatar HAS to be a girl, and just employ mental gymnastics [SELF-AWARENESS!] so the story fits around it. Then I can't help you.

...Are you just going to conveniently go on ignoring that no one is saying that he's always been a female and is still one now? Are you going to just pretend like we weren't just saying he looked androgynous up to and only before he changed his avatar? And that the story makes he clear he DID change his avatar somehow? If you want to straw man me that badly... Go ahead. But I'm not going to argue over something with you that I never fucking said.

My guess is that either the mangaka or the author couldn't decide on a character sex (his avatar, not his real life gender) and left it androgynous for only the first few chapters before it got decided upon. And only the FIRST THREE CHAPTERS have him with this appearance. Of which only TWO supporting characters that are still featured spent any decent amount of time with him. (And, yes, before you attempt to get pedantic, I know that the guild rescue party has some people that MET him (VERY FUCKING BRIEFLY) and are still present in the story. They don't qualify for that. Only the two guild women spent time with him before he changed his avatar.) And as for mental gymnastics, I'm not the one where attempting to find any way out of having to address something like you are and handwaving away any evidence by just saying it's inconsistent art... and using instances of where after he changes his avatar to try and prove your argument.

@definitionofinsanity

..That's kinda torpedoing your own argument, but keep in mind that his androgynous appearance only lasts about 3 chapters and the ONLY incident you've used thus far to back up your claims is... one where after he changed his avatar.

You misquote. I said they never see him as "act like a man" - because "like a man" implies he's a girl acting like a man. Everyone who saw him before the "transformation" doesn't seem to refer to him as a girl or guy directly, except for the dialogue between the adventurers that picked him up that refer to him as "a fallen noble's son", although this depend on the raw whether it's gender neutral or actual son.

The way I see it, the difference is you are convinced that the MC's first appearance is a girl (which to you seems to be an infallible truth, but I just disagree), while I just see it as inconsistent art (look at the tank cover version - his clothing is wearing that thickass flak jacket and tights underneath just like his 'first avatar', but the face are very different). We just fit those assumption into the story, which seems to be irrelevant to the story flow anyway.

edit: Oh, there's also this scene, which suggest main gurl already sees MC as a guy and being touchy-touchy too fast too soon
x20.png

Dex-chan lover
whats up with all the german words lmfao
they might sound cool to some people but its really fucking me up as a german

her name is fucking woman

Fed-Kun's army
The scaling on the ogre is off AF, except if the human's supposed to be 1m tall...

Users who are viewing this thread