Dex-chan lover
Idealistic Killing is bad MC despite being at war: Check
Harem but not really at all: Check
Tactics but stupid: Check
City Building but stupid: Check
Guns > than literally anything else even though there is MAGIC: Check

this is trash, dropped.

Dex-chan lover
@SonicWizard Tbh guns would always be better compared to magic in terms of war maybe in 1 v 1 magic will be better depending on the magician but a bullet is faster than a fire ball so most if not all novice mage will die from a gun high level mages can fight with a gun but if it’s a sniper rifle it could kill a high level mage unless he keeps a barrier 24/7.

Plus the amount of guns and people that can use guns is a lot higher compaired to mages I mean you can count the amount of people in the series that can use magic at a high level enough to threaten guns
the MC, his master, the hero, idk if the two mages can beat guns when it advance enough but simple rifle the series have rn they can beat it (btw the human army ONLY brought 2 mages that’s how rare high level mages in this world) the succubus lady (the one who help in the prison escape) idk what type of magic she has though.

I guess that’s only 6 the horn general girl use alchemy so that’s different from magic as for the necromancy guns did beat the undead army as long as you put holy water on the bullets you are good to go
possible reason is well training to become a mage is long you ether become decent one once you reach middle age or have talent to be useful at your teens you can also be a demon or elf and live for 500 years that works too.

I guess the best manga to show the difference with science and magic would be that one where the whole Japan got Isekaied
considering they have a mixture of magic and science in their world Japan is purely science most countries there are a bit mixed some are mostly magic with some science others are mostly science with some magic it all depends on the availability of their resources (though their tech are at 15-18th century so they still can’t beat japan) there is also the final boss called sorcerer empire that’s 100% magic they were able to create nuke using magic instead of science and floating ships something science still can’t create physically. They also have the ability of genetic engineering time travel and teleportation they haven’t appeared yet so it’s mostly speculation on what their ability is as I said the time travel part cause the gods in their world hated them they went and put a meteor on their city but they went and possibly time travelled in the far off future stating they will return someday
It’s similar to gate though so you might not like hints of propaganda in it.

Shinju no nectar would also be nice though magic is on a decline
after the gods said bye to the world for some reason(still unexplained why they left) after the gods left science started to prevail. In the series they would talk about how science helped the world and its good that magic is in a decline though the ideology they place are close to the sentiments in the time of the industrial revolution where things like tradition and culture starts to decline and how industrialization helped humanity except in the series following tradition and culture can make you shoot out fire balls and bring down lightning. So they are more useful compared to old tradition in our world

@greatninja3 as always, science vs magic always depends on the relative advancement on either side. Guns are stronger than fireballs, yes, but illusion magic and charm magic, teleportation, earth magic to change the terrain, magic that changes the weather, even just a bright flash of light magic, etc, would be difficult to deal with even in modern times. People who downplay the power of magic always use "fireball" as the main example for some reason when it's not even close to being average among useful spells in battle. And if you use those spells effectively, you can create an advantageous battle arena with even one wizard in the fantasy army vs an army full of guns.

I'd say that, the term "magician" can refer to someone who can cast a magic missile once a day and maybe hit something if he's lucky, and it can also refer to someone who can casually destroy a city with a single spell. I guess, much like a "gun" can refer to a musket that's useless in the rain, breaks down easily, and takes a minute to reload... or it can refer to a spaceship's cannon.

In this setting specifically, idk, the main character seems pretty dumb with how he uses his magic, probably because the author has no imagination. For someone who doesn't want to kill, only using his magic for direct attacks is kinda... yeah... Couldn't he have that alchemist of his prepare the battleground in advance so that a single spell would turn it into quagmire, trapping the entire enemy army? Or he could use his mind-reading abilities to find and snipe them from the top leaders down so the assault loses momentum. Developing guns is not going to help him win with minimum casualties - anyone with any history knowledge would know that war death totals rose dramatically following the development of guns.

I think the best thing he could do for a no-death victory is have his alchemist develop a psychoactive drug - he could burn his world's equivalent of marijuana or poppy and use wind magic to carry the smoke to the enemy army. Capture everyone, imprison the leaders, offer the soldiers a chance to live as normal civilians after disarming them. It's not the smartest choice but it's probably the best "pacifist" option with a high chance of success the first time.

Fed-Kun's army
This has dumb haters. I’ve been loving every chapter so far.

Dex-chan lover
@Fluffums I already mentioned that high level magicians can deal with guns novice mages will just die to them it’s a matter of availability in their world of magicians that can deal with them given the army only employed 2 mages says they are quite rare and not where you can have thousands of them.

Even in youjo senki the availability of mages is a problem, even though they are extremely powerful they can’t win the war because of their numbers, that’s why even a 10 years old is automatically enlisted in the army. Though Tanya is a bit of a special case few good hits of an AA can kill a typical mage in their world. Though once their magic gems advance enough pretty sure they can go fight against a fighter Jet but how many mages would have enough mana to handle it though flight mages are more similar to helicopters, their not really the types you’d use against jets except for the special once, depending on their amount of mana dictates their fire power and armoring.

The only times where magic is OP(the types that breaks the laws of physics and stuff) is when it’s about the MC being OP really. I mean if there is a world where magic is OP and there’s like a million of them countries wouldn’t even need armies it will be similar to our world in case nukes isn’t banned they’ll just threaten each other to cast high level meteor at each other or similar to Heavy Object where one giant robot 1 v 1 will decide the war.

What a waste of Power and Knowledge

MC act cool but actually incompetent,,
be like, "I'm on demon side and army commander, but i don't want to kill humans, so I'll be defensive and let my army got slaughtered."

I hate manga with powerful skill and vast potential but weak heart MC

Fed-Kun's army
You know what worse than a garbage bag it's a gabarge bag full of holes...

Been reading a lot of stories with unique mc lately, unfortunately this is not the one. Just the usual boring isekai mc

Dex-chan lover
One thing that all army-leading fantasy manga can improve on is having competent enemy generals. Who would send their soldiers in when catapults are still pounding the walls and they can safely wait?

Fed-Kun's army
translate the chapter 14 REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Bro, I wish the Mc was balanced and not simping and blushing like a puxxy, at least he ain’t a pervert but, does the character change sex? I think it’s gender bender because of the demon lord, she a he inside..

Users who are viewing this thread