Maou Gun Saikyou no Majutsushi wa Ningen datta

Fed-Kun's army
Surprisingly good read. Nothing award winning, but it was fun nonetheless.

This was good at the start, buts its really devolving in quality. There are better "city builder" esk manga out there, even a few which have very similar plots to this (that being they following someone in the Demon King's army).

Maybe worth your time, maybe not.

Dex-chan lover
last update in NU was 07/17/19
ec1.jpg

Wait, I just saw genderswap tag. Don't tell me
the person that reincarnated as demon lord is a guy?!!

Double-page supporter
@SUBARU
You guessed scarily right! And the same person is actually a real-life historical Japanese namely.

Double-page supporter
I swear the art has change in these last 2 episodes, like the MC looks rougher compared to how he was drawn in the earlier chapters.

the heck... i thought this was something new... why do stuff keep getting unbookmarked? anyone knows?

Dex-chan lover
@chibikei maybe they changed the manga page? happens sometimes when scanlation groups draw in unnecessary nudes or other shit and mangadex forces them to make a doujinshi mangapage. highly unlikely for this manga, but maybe similar circumstances?

TL;DR: if you're looking for a quick-fix, then this is worth a one-time read. Wouldn't recommend it for anything else.

It's about as standard as it can get, with a few slip-ups here and there. The complaints are pretty much the usuals, so i don't think there's a need for me to say them. Instead, I'll point out why I've decided to keep this in my bookmarks for now.

1. The characters aren't all that bad. Sure, we know very little about them and certainly not enough to root for any of them at all, but that's probably because of the janky progression this story takes. Since it tends to jump all over the place, it really doesn't give enough time to flesh out the characters. Now, one might say that it's been only a couple of chapters to which I'll respond simply by saying that it can be done. Whether you believe that or not is entirely up to you. Just know that at the very least, the characters here despite not being fully developed are by and large not entirely unlikable, cliche as they may be.

2. There's nothing spectacular about the plot, art or any scenes, but they are still rather entertaining.

3. You won't feel the characters threatened at any point in this manga. Not even with the cliffhangers they give you at the end simply because this does a poor job at foreshadowing. However--which is to say, bullshit incoming--you'll find yourself still turning pages precisely because of that. This is has the feel of a comfort manga that disguises itself as action with some mystery. Like Blue's Clues, in a way.

4. It doesn't obsess over one thing. Unlike other mangas trying to cash in on the isekai genre, this doesn't obsess over one aspect. Say, for example, that the character is supposed to be smarter than the rest and the manga would continue to emphasize that over and over to the point of being unreasonable and grinding. While this manga still does like to make that overtly obvious, it's not too annoying.

5. The slip-ups aren't key to anything. That's always a good thing, even if there were a number of them. Since they don't really have that much of an impact on anything, you could practically treat them like wandering dust. It's uncomfortable to the touch, but not something that's worth paying too much mind over.

All in all, I'd say it's ridiculous and terrible, but a comfort nonetheless.

7.5/10 for me. It's generic and a bit shallow, but the characters aren't annoying.

Dex-chan lover
Why did that pirate guy blow up his own ship when he was attacking? You're out in the sea!
Had to laugh real hard at that part of the latest chapters, hahaha.

Feeling like the author has a fundementally lack of knowledge on why would matchlock was successful
The setting has alrealy established that the gobbos are able to manufacture and use explosives, line breakers demons are not uncommon, magic users are presented on both side.
Calvary warfare and skirmish are not what they are doing, yet that is where the first implimentation of matchlock prove to be successful.
Full on melee with 12000 strong is not at all a place the match lock belone
Hell, they didn't even use the pike and shot formation
The match lock serve no purpose other than being a slightly better arbalest in this context

But I keep on reading because I like Nobunaga

Users who are viewing this thread