Maou ni Natta node, Dungeon Tsukutte Jingai Musume to Honobono suru - Ch. 72.2

i wanna throw the author back to Edo to see if they can survide and have a harem or become a cuck

Dex-chan lover
Dex-chan lover
Now I'm just severely disappointed. I was really hoping it wouldn't devolve into this harem crap. The hero was done really well and was taken very seriously, which I was fine with. This, however, is just another generic harem trope where he accidentally marries a girl he doesn't even love for no reason other than to make the harem bigger. And this series had been doing so well too.

Dex-chan lover
He’s not gonna make her keep working as his maid, right?

Right?
She was never a good maid in the first place. Her employment was basically just him letting her stay with him. Also iirc he actually does more housework than she does, or he gets more housework done than she does even if she spends more time doing housework.

Dex-chan lover
I genuinely loved his reaction once everyone else agreed to it
Immediate princess carry

And just like that the girl that was against getting married at all is married off without her consent and is happy about it. What a stupid fucking plot development.
You say that like there aren't an immense amount of people IRL who suddenly do a complete 180 on a topic simply because the end circumstance has changed a little.

If it's a stupid plot development, it's a stupid plot development that's happening in the thousands at minimum at any given moment irl.

All I want is a man with a dragon loli wife with no one between them is that too much to ask

What a stupid way to get a new wife... I think that marks a good time to drop since I don't want to find out what stupider ways they come up with to excuse bad writing lol

Dex-chan lover
The mc had to be the only one (fans included) who didn't see what he did has a proposal.

Dex-chan lover
this is not a wife-to-wife meeting.
This is a flat-to-flat meeting, or justice-to-justice meeting
Nell actually has a decent bust, she just compresses it or something. In the WN, when Yuki teleported in on her changing, he actually said something far more crass and complimented her breasts directly.

And why I'm bothering to correct this is beyond me.
The harem council has gathered.
I believe in the WN, the first time a meeting is mentioned it was like meeting number 37 or something.
He’s not gonna make her keep working as his maid, right?

Right?
Yes and no. She does it of her own volition as being part of the family. The manga doesn't show it much, but Yuki (and even Lefi, eventually) does take on a fair share of the household responsibilities. As well as a bunch of other responsibilities that often resemble having a job.
My first tough was Stargate (the 1994 film predating SG-1), when Dr. Daniel Jackson got Sha'uri as his wife, and he didn't realized it.

(There are maybe other previous examples, but not to my knowledge.)
Stories about explorers and sometimes soldiers visiting a tribe and taking part in a marriage ceremony IRL without realizing it.
Now I'm just severely disappointed. I was really hoping it wouldn't devolve into this harem crap. The hero was done really well and was taken very seriously, which I was fine with. This, however, is just another generic harem trope where he accidentally marries a girl he doesn't even love for no reason other than to make the harem bigger. And this series had been doing so well too.
The manga doesn't really show it much, but Yuki and Lew horse around together a lot. They're quite close. But yeah, if you're just reading the manga, I understand why you feel that way.
Even if my own vocabulary isn't very good it doesn't mean I'm unable to think writing is bad when it clearly is. Even an idiot can probably do simple math :/
I think it's more that the manga skips a lot of background stuff and changes some key details. In the WN I remember it was Lew's father who was the one to initiate the blood oath, and the oath's terms were a touch more ambiguous. They're also not married yet; that was the engagement.

Dex-chan lover
Nell actually has a decent bust, she just compresses it or something. In the WN, when Yuki teleported in on her changing, he actually said something far more crass and complimented her breasts directly.

And why I'm bothering to correct this is beyond me.

I believe in the WN, the first time a meeting is mentioned it was like meeting number 37 or something.

Yes and no. She does it of her own volition as being part of the family. The manga doesn't show it much, but Yuki (and even Lefi, eventually) does take on a fair share of the household responsibilities. As well as a bunch of other responsibilities that often resemble having a job.

Stories about explorers and sometimes soldiers visiting a tribe and taking part in a marriage ceremony IRL without realizing it.

The manga doesn't really show it much, but Yuki and Lew horse around together a lot. They're quite close. But yeah, if you're just reading the manga, I understand why you feel that way.

I think it's more that the manga skips a lot of background stuff and changes some key details. In the WN I remember it was Lew's father who was the one to initiate the blood oath, and the oath's terms were a touch more ambiguous. They're also not married yet; that was the engagement.
'Horsing around' isn't the same as love. And it doesn't change the fact that the proposal was entirely accidental and completely unnecessary.

Dex-chan lover
'Horsing around' isn't the same as love. And it doesn't change the fact that the proposal was entirely accidental and completely unnecessary.
"Horsing around" was my words, not the WN's; the way they do it shows they treat each other like family. But go ahead and think whatever you want.

Users who are viewing this thread