Maou ni Natta node, Dungeon Tsukutte Jingai Musume to Honobono suru - Vol. 1 Ch. 1.2

Dear translators: when you're trying to make a character sound archaic using "thou" and -eth endings, at least give the grammar a look. "I shall alloweth", "what art these", "thee lust'd"? Seriously?

The old english is wrong and it kinda trigger me xD Dont misunderstand I really am greatful for the translation.

But

Thou art => You are ( You as a subject)
I shall see thee => I shall see you (You as an object)

Dex-chan lover
Why is he so sad about it
A free high class monster is like the best case scenario

And hot damn this shit is generic

Banned
Second the translation cringe-induction.
If you can't distinguish between "thee" and "thou", don't use them.
Made all the worse because I'm playing Dragon's Dogma as I'm reading this, and they've actually done it properly there.

Try looking up "thou" on wikipedia. Specifically, there's a helpful table here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thou#Declension

He's now fuck up. (FBI SIREN!!)

27331591-208149269734860-761340778065483073-n.jpg

Dex-chan lover
Ah yes, the human polymorph forms of all beings must be loli because anime trope go brrrrrrrr.
Honestly, this is becoming as much as a law as childhood friendships must stay friendzoned, tsundere ships must sail, and blue hair (especially bob cuts) must sink, maid outfits must be worn by beastfolk girls, blonde hair means american, and pink haired girls must indicate an eccentric/yandere personality.
Not that I'm complaining. I don't complain about anything that's cute. Cute doesn't need to be generic, though. Some series also manage to use the tropes in a decent manner (since they're already popular I guess I shouldn't mention them).

Users who are viewing this thread