Maou ni Natta node, Dungeon Tsukutte Jingai Musume to Honobono suru

It's so weird to come back to this manga with its already spaced out and sometimes sporadic releases after having read so far ahead in the webnovel. I read the novel a few months ago because I wanted to see how his castle turned out in the end, and the latest translated manga chapter is only just now introducing Nell. Phew.

For those who don't want to wait and but instead read ahead in the web novel, Chapter 17 of the manga ends with the start of Chapter 58 from the WN.

The WN is great btw, I wholeheartedly recommend it.

As of writing this, there are already 180 translated chapters out, and the translation is ongoing.

Fed-Kun's army
mmm, I do like the series

I've also checked out the translations of the WN, but really didn't like how they were translating it, especially Yuki's bits

Yuki just seemed like some edgy, cringe teen wannabe villian with how the translations kept tossing in stuff like "fuck this, "fuck that," "fucking fuck" almost every time he spoke or thought about something

Really detracts from the fluff too

Dex-chan lover
@iamagaroze

I know what you mean. He's quick to insult other Isekai protags for this behavior, but he'll whip around and do it without hesitation.
Like, my dude, Yuki, surely the dungeon catalog has mirrors. You need one, bud.

The manga does a good job of toning it down. Manga Yuki > WN Yuki.

Eh its just a difference in translation of his way of talking, Yuki uses a ton of delinquent slang in Japanese, and gets rougher as the series goes on, so I kinda understand where the WN translator is coming from. That said, I do think that translation takes it a bit too far, to the point it detracts from his character.

Theres are a bit rushed from the novel but genuinely i feel like they are capturing the important moments well.

idk if this is truly a harem when lefi is obviously the only girl that matters

Group Leader
PopularElegantFinch-size_restricted.gif

@Jeffthru my only guess is that LHT doesn't get as many donations related to this as it does others, since they regularly let this fall behind.

I appreciate them doing it at all, but it does leave the readers in a state of confusion if your inner politics effect your time tables. I would donate if I actually thought it would help get this manga translated sooner, but as long as it seems to be at the bottom of their priority list all we can do is look at the raws.

Dex-chan lover
This series got lots of lefi bonding moments, so that's why the title's like that.
more bonding moments pls i really liek them.

The relationship of Yuki and Lefi would not feel out of place in Seinen and probably even Josei demographics. By that I mean they are pretty mature and natural on how they interact with each other unlike some romances that feel forced in their stories (e.g. characters that are attracted to those whose only personality trait are their density).

Users who are viewing this thread