Maou no Hajimekata - The Comic

Contributor
Thanks for bringing this back from the dead. ERFS Scans had given me some hope, but they dropped it again just as suddenly as they had picked it up.

FEAR St. Elmo's Fire ?

can someone find a good home for these orphaned series
Tensei Ouji wa Daraketai
Tensei Shitara Dragon no Tamago Datta - Saikyou Igai Mezasa Nee
Manuke na FPS Player ga Isekai e Ochita Baai

It seems like nobody wants to fucking translate this manga. The raw have reached chapter 35 i guess and here we 're still stuck on chapter 21. I guess i've to learn japanese so i don't have depend on these translators from now on. Guys wait for me for like 2-3 years then i'll be the one doing this manga.

Dex-chan lover
@Owyn Even if Ovelord is not my cup of tea specialy, at least the MC is not powered up by plot armor constantly. Ainz starts OP but the story doesnt focus on him facing foes and instead focus on political and Nazarick internal relationships.

The idea of Maou corrupting enemies and starting as a relatively weak foe was a good one, but problem is that plot armor was too thick with him winning every encounter without breaking a sweat (like story totally ignoring the explained plot armor all heroes have, so hero gal should never have become his main ally but a termporal one at most until her hero plot armor activated and made her realize what happened)

Also the corruption on the first ones was decent but quickly devolved on "fuck them to submission" (the adventurers party story, warrior gal aside, was painful to watch of how bad it was the corruption part). I mean come on, some Lilith eroges have more complex plots than that despite some are mere excuses for the next fuck show.

I know that some mangas are just self fullfillment stories but even on those stories you can tell interesting tales.

Sadly both this one and Re-Monster to just mention another just follow the old cliche : MC beat everyone due to plot armor and fucks his female foes/allies (ofc all beautiful women) while killing or enslaving the male foes (even male allies that are really rare on those stories are just shown to compare how hard they suck against the omnipotent MC that its also a sex god). Rinse and repeat until reaching King of the world/Godhood status then finish the series since theres nothing left to achieve

@Bearil Agreed, they went really heavy into the corruption bullshit for four chapters with the adventure party. Didn't do it at all interesting except maybe the mage, even though they ruined that part to, because for some reason she changed her tune literally from one panel("I still have my heart") to the next for some unexplained reason, I guess because she started having sex? then ended it on just a pathetic story point.

Then proceeded, in the very next chapter, to burn the first interesting girl to show up for no reason I can tell besides I guess the MC felt insecure in his masculinity against her.
Decided to drop this manga at the strategist's death.

I actually had a bit of hope for this series until that point.

Dex-chan lover
@Vigo_to_Vigo Tactician girl suffered being a foil of Aur (both rely on their wits mainly), being a foe that is actually not braindead plus inmune to be recruited by having sex, so to avoid anyone overshadowing Aur, the author swiftly removed her , and probably will do the same against anyone in the future that might be a potential danger to Aur by stomping them with the might of the plot armor

Notice that aside the 3 first girls (hero girl, demon girl and aprentice girl are a bit fleshed out) every other female recruited have a very basic personality (for example on adventurer party warrior gal is hot headed muscle brain, mage gal cool older sister type, and healer gal shy, devoted type no background story and personality aside that) and often dissapear from the action completely for long periods of time until its convenient to use them again (oh i need an X for my plans.Now i remember that i fucked an X to my side a while ago, lets call her/them). Its like saying that on a world of brainless people the stupid is the King

Dex-chan lover
The quality really took a nosedive after conquering the first town. And here I was starting to get happy that somebody picked it up after rapeman.
The sex scenes were already pretty invasive, but the early ones at least tried to be relevant to the story. Now they are used to conceal the absolute lack of it.
A real shame honestly.

wow the Russians are faster at TL than the Eng TL groups, clearly something must be learned from this?

Good to see this got picked up, QC is varied but the story keeps its balance of sex violence and a bit of Nakama power.

Dex-chan lover
I'm hoping Maou gets his shit slapped, but I know it's wishful thinking.

Such beauty of English Translators isn't it? Hmmm wondering when the next chapter is... maybe in 10 years... yeah 10.

Dex-chan lover
Man... this manga is good, but I really dont wanna feel horny every time I read a new chapter. Hopefully both the manga and the translation finish soon so I can just binge it

Users who are viewing this thread