Maou no Ore ga Dorei Elf wo Yome ni Shitanda ga, Dou Medereba ii?

I love this. It mixes awesome fights, warm and fuzzy feelings, great characters, wholesomeness, and the most reasonable magic system since Fate/stay night with a badass protagonist who's powerful enough to overcome most opposition through intelligent use of his abilities but also has people and groups he wouldn't dare cross. You can feel smug superiority with him against those who face him and feel dread and suspicion with him of the people he knows not to cross.

He also has a very realistic view of things. Such as
when Nephie told her story about the villagers abusing her and then demanding she defend them when the village was attacked. She said she feels terrible guilt for not helping them and instead outright laughing as they were killed. Zagan said he'd have killed both groups if he were in her position and that she has no reason at all to feel guilty because the villagers got what they deserved.
Normally you'd have forgiveness and sympathy to a self-destructive extreme from a manga protagonist. Not this guy.

The only bad thing about this story is that I've reached the current extent of its scans. Gimme moar. Now.

MD@Home
Great story. Is able to keep it simple and easy to understand why still having depth. All of the characters so far need some further depth though. I'm sure some of that will come in time (and the later chapters hint at that).
The world is a bit lacking.
Has intelligence which is rare for these I feel like.
An actual restraint on fan service which I find welcome. There's some but it's not overbearing by any means.

Dex-chan lover
@Nissedood depends on the website. batoto defined harem as at least two females having a romantic interest in the mc. so this series would count.
on mangadex things seem to be different however. seeing as zagan only sees nefi/nephy (whatever) as a romance target, this is probably why the tag is missing here.

Dex-chan lover
@PepePatate average is the new good since everyone is calling almost everything else trash due to the lack of a broader vocabulary.

Dex-chan lover
"A harem includes three or more characters who potentially show romantic interest in a male protagonist. The sex, gender, or orientation of the harem members is irrelevant as long as they exclusively, or at least primarily, are vying for the affections of the same individual - who may or may not reciprocate towards one, several, or none of these romantic rivals." This is the definition for harem given on this site, at the current point in the story we have one female lead who's certainly interested and one side character who may be romantically interested or may not(personally she seems to be leaning towards the subordinate type of emotional attraction rather than romantic), we've yet to see. I certainly wouldn't call this a harem story.

Look, look at that dork. Look at that damn clumsy red haired dork.
now imagine

hhhhhhhnnnnggggggggggghhhhhh

current cover looks like shite, amlost made me skip this.

really good, but sad about the monthly release. but I can wait

Awwwww, this is so good and interesting! I love it when the ML is loyal to MC and especially NO HAREM. SAD ALSO ITS MONTHLY RELEASE?!?! 😭✊🏻 Thank you translators! Hope this doesn't get dropped easily

Group Leader
Once again, within the span of a few pages, this manga manages to display
1) How easily it can be sensual without being obscene, and
2) What an amazing sense of comedic timing it has.

It's been quite some time since I bumped its score up to 10/10. I can't raise it any further.

Users who are viewing this thread