Maou-sama ni Shoukan sareta kedo Kotoba ga Tsuujinai - Vol. 2 Ch. 14 - I Don't Get It

Dex-chan lover
@J363 google 'Conlang' (short for constructed language). Also, here's a good place to start:
https://conlang.fandom.com/wiki/Create_a_Language

Liu

@J363 @@Xystus
The base of reading a story is being able to immerse yourself into it. I do agree that it may be annoying to see that kind of comments,but why are people reading books in the first place? They want to see the main characters's actions and behavior throughout their "journey". For this manga, some readers are probably asking themselves "what would I do if I were in his shoes".

Sometimes the story's main character acts as expected, readers are happy.
Sometimes it's unexpected, readers are surprised.
Sometimes it's a mistake, readers are unhappy.
Sometimes it's a stupid idea, readers get angry.

Now what's in common in what I listed? Well, the character everyone is following actually did something. That's why, in the end, deep inside, readers want to know what's going to happen next.

Now let's take a look at this manga, or at the manga mentionned, being Rent a GF. Well, main characters didn't do anything yet. We're not on R-a-GF's chat so I won't go any deeper, readers should know what I'm talking about. Would you read a book/manga/light novel where the main character just... doesn't act at all?

No. Obviously.
Then why didn't the readers drop the series already? Because they're waiting for that change/action to happen.
Now why are people being so salty about those series. Easy, we're getting pretty far in the story, yet the main character everyone is following didn't take any action yet. That's why. But it doesn't mean they don't like the manga. They just want a bit of "oh there was a bit of changement since ch.1 in this manga". We're not talking about some insane story-changing development.
Imaging how freaking cute it'd be if at the end of a chapter, Ren suddenly appeared before Demon-chan, giving her flowers and telling her in her language "flowers for you". That's definitely not a story developpement, yet every single reader would be like "OHHH DAMMM CUUUTE!!!!".

TL;DR readers are salty because of the lack of acting MC. But they aren't desperate enough about the manga to believe that nothing will ever happen. So they keep reading.

@cor3zone Well, you have your own interpretation of it. I think Mary got scolded for Ren's situation, not cuz he was a pest or anything. She was also probably annoyed at having to repeat herself. I think magic is the cause of his inability and names are the only thing that doesn't apply. This is why the reverse may be true about Mary not being able to pick up any Japanese.

But, like I said earlier, I do think this will be answered at some point. It'll probably be a while though, so I'll be enjoying these two playing charades in the meantime.

Dex-chan lover
@allen133194
I really hope magic is the cause, I really want an explanation. But all the evidence we have right now is that he doesn't try.

Dex-chan lover
@liu
Hmmm, that's an interesting insight. We read with a mindset between 'hoping something gonna happen now' and 'there might be something next'.

@Liu
I certainly get what you mean. It's just that many times, it's been a bit too much. Sometimes even for no sensible reason. And is it really necessary to blow up comment sections with the same thing over and over again?

Of course, people respond differently to the same story. Giving the same comment every single chapter isn't something I would do. I don't tend to get very angry when things happen in the story what I don't like, or pick fights left and right. But I'm sure that it's different for others. Some like to express their frustration, and they're within their rights to do so.

In the end, we're all here because we like manga. Just tone it down a little if it's possible. That would make things more enjoyable for everyone, and actual discussions can be had. I hope that's not wishful thinking.

Seriously people are taking this manga way too seriously, drop it and stop spamming comment section thanks. spoiling entire comment section with your dumb ideas like he should do that or this go read a manga with an other MC if you don't like this one seriously. The manga is perfectly fine and surely better with him not being able to talk with the others and still managing to communicate with the other. If he knew how to talk it would be just an other shitty isekai.

This manga is cute as shit, but man is the story progressing slowly. Can he at least start learning small words, or make other friends or something???

Dex-chan lover
@Liu
Really nice post.

The primary running gag for this manga is getting a bit stale to me.
The Demon Queen is cute and all, but that alone can't save this, IMO. On the contrary, some people are addicted to the sugar-coated, diabetes inducing cuteness like a drug and easily satisfied by it.

Why the hell are people shitting on the MC but not Mary? She's a queen so she likely has experience learning other languages and she is the one who summoned him against his will in the first place.

Users who are viewing this thread