Maou-sama, Retry! R - Vol. 1 Ch. 2 - Divergence: Black Hole

Dex-chan lover
@Milanin
The demon your referring to was greole, belphegor is one of the 72 demons of the goetia from the lesser key of solomon, a apocryphal biblical scripture.
Belphegor is a commonly used demon of the 72 specifically, if i remember right, the manga realist demon lord had him in it recently too.

Double-page supporter
@marianolinx To be fair, the anime was made by a fairly new studio at that time, so unfortunately this series' anime adaptation was expected to have some bad aspects. Hopefully the studio has improved since then. (I'm pretty sure that studio didn't even use any CG for the character movements, which is much better than the Arifureta anime adaptation which basically made the monsters look like something straight out of a PS2 game)

Aggregator gang
That pattern of speaking. Is this the reason why he is appalled by the bunnies ending all their sentence with usa or pyon?

i think the translator over-simplified chunnibyou's definition a bit, not wrong just loses a details which make it what it is and not just some run-of-the-mill "self-centered pick."

"Middle-school 2nd Year Syndrome", is a colloquial and rather derisive term in Japan which describes a person at the age of fourteen would either act like a know-it-all adult, or thinks they have special powers no one else has. Some would even go as far as being obnoxious, arrogant, and often look down on adults or older people.

Aggregator gang
ok, for one, while I don't know how big of a hit his game might have been in solo/small group release status, but if some international company is interested in taking over the name and making it into a huge MMO, I think a mere $1,000,000 is a bit of a rudely small offer, especially if the guy in charge of the takeover is one of the best players, even if it's a small game for now, the profits it'd pull as a MMO would likely make it worth at a minimum several times that...well, unless it's something like $1M up front AND you stay on as a main dev or something like that that comes with a good salary.
and for two, I'm looking forward to the day the chunni girl actually does something useful...not really expecting it to come, but looking forward to it just the same

Power Uploader
@InsaneInsomniac For your 1st point, the $1m is only the copyright price, he was also employed to administrate and develop the game (as shown in Part 1) so he did get further compensation / royalty pay.

@InsaneInsomniac

$1 million USD just for the copyright alone is an insane amount of money for one person indie game. In Japan, 2 million yen a year is more than enough for you to live, buy clothes + other hobbies stuff + few splurge here and there (as long as you don't splurge it foolishly). So, he is secured for, I don't know 30 to 50 years(?). If you remember previous when somewhere in chapter 15 to 18 in the previous one, they mentioned working with him and expand it into an MMO (The game originally wasn't really an MMO. Just an overall online game (?) I suppose). So yes, 1million USD + employ him and have him work as the admin of the game. It has implied many times, the game has been shut down after a long period of time which he was the creator and the administrator of the game.

@ranma239
Yes, I simplified it because it's quite well-known at this point due to anime's influence. The text might be small but I wrote "self-created persona" so hopefully, people don't misread it as self-centered. What you said about the age of fourteen isn't wrong, however, that's when most of the cases start or are seen. I personally have encountered a university guy that has Chuunibyou before. (He's smart and his GPA was 3.5) Point is, I kept it as a matured individual for such a reason

k9c

WHen did someone overpower him with magig? Am I missing something ? Which chapter is it ?

Dex-chan lover
Hahaha. Its hard to deal with Mink.
She might spout something that will trigger you indefinitely.
Even though its gibberish, it will alert you just because how loud her mouth is...

Someone need to put a stuff in the mouth of Mink anyway, to stop temporarily the Chuuni syndrome

Users who are viewing this thread