Maou-sama, Retry!

Dex-chan lover
OMG this is just so funny. Aku denying him "big brother" status is hilarious.

Also Luna and Aku is adorable but on opposite ends of the spectrum.

Dex-chan lover
No one asking the real questions.

Will this new saint also receive spankings?

I've only read page one of the first chapter, but isn't this a direct copy of the beginning of "Overlord"? (Unless this manga came out first... then Overlord copied the premise)

Vol 1, Ch 2 Page 4: Interesting, they have 55 gallon steel drums in that world!

@fadamor that drum is summoned, so it existed in the game that the protagonist was from, not the fantasy world.

Dex-chan lover
@Fadamor I'm not too sure how the two are similar, but even if we assume they are -- that's not that much of a surprise or brings shame to either one of them. Isekai be Isekai, they copy from each other like god damn retards on finals day. What matters at the end of the day, is the delivery. The presentation.
And both of these stories seem to have nothing in common in terms of how they "feel" or what sort of content they deliver. This one has a bit of mystery and suspense, but is much more on the generic-adventure scale.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

@Banarok I see. I missed that nuance.

@Solipsist,
In "Overlord", (https://mangadex.org/manga/14048/overlord - Read page 1 through page 24 of Chapter 1 for the part that matches this manga), the MC is the leader of a large guild of players who created their own powerful base defended by highly customized NPCs in the VRMMORPG "Yggdrasil" game, but after 10 years the game is about to be shut down permanently by the game designers at midnight. The MC is the last of the original guild who still regularly log in and so he decides to stay online until the servers kick him out at midnight. But the servers mysteriously fail to kick him out and he loses the ability to log out.

This was why I said one was copying from the other. Even in the world of isekai stories, this is a little TOO derivative. It's like the writers were trying to create a new "truck-kun" as a common means to get the story started.

Dex-chan lover
@Fadamor Not really. Isekai is notorious for coping the most basic of templates from each other. This is nothing special.
The only reason it'd be a particular case, is if it'd try to actually pull off the same vibe, as well as the same premise. And this story plays absolutely 0% anything like Overlord, just as much as it plays absolutely nothing like Log Horizon. This is a generic lol-derp adventure story with an OPMC, which should be much more similar to Death March in how it actually plays out.

Users who are viewing this thread