Maou to Ore no Hangyakuki

I like how this MC seems to have no issues killing off the terrible humans. I do hate how the humans are evil for species superiority sake as it feels rather lazy. I won't expect anything complex from this but I do expect a strong annoyance to any human. I highly doubt any human will actually have a grey area to them.

@darknesspker

Porlly because the antagonists are being made evil for no reason. They do the despicable things to the greatest extreme without any explanation other than "HUMANS ARE SUPERIOR BLAH BLAH" and it's annoying because it's pretty much Hitler-ish. And the way they are drawn too just draws so much ire. It's like they were being intended to be as evil as possible.

Fed-Kun's army
@BraveHeartedHero: This is just my opinion, so take it with a grain of salt. When you consider humanity here, always at war for dominance (be it for economic, religious, invasion, you name it), humans are far from benevolent. We are a warrior species on par with the predators of the food chain (lions and wolves can also be classified as a warrior species). Because of our advancements, we have some huge egos as well. The prime difference between us and the humans of this other world is we have learned to respect life (overall) and try to learn from our mistakes.

Now in comparison to these evil humans (which is not very common in manga. You get evil groups here and there, sure, but not the entire species. That's a bit new.), they actually have another species entirely to wage war against and dominate. Historically, it would be akin to black slavery: a race no better or worse, but still treated like animals and killed en masse because they are "not like me." This part of history is easily a massive stain on humanity. So seeing these evil humans, I'd say this is what happens when such prejudiced people are in complete power (another difference: our world is composed of many leaders while there's only has one absolute ruler) and able to force their beliefs on others. Doing so during a war is the easiest way to do that. Don't believe me? Look how we treated the Muslims as a whole during Osama bin Laden's time alive...it was bad before, but when 9/11 hit, if you were faithful to Islam, you'd best be hiding where no one could find you.

tldr (I don't blame you): These evil humans are just what happens when the prejudiced take over the world.

@TwilightFaze I get the concept that its going for. Its really deep when you think about it but at the same time leaves you wanting to know more on how it got this way. Hoping it dives into what caused this era. I don't believe it should be one thats easily fixed such as humans just start getting along with them. Would prefer the demons to be strong enough that they can't rebel back.

tl:dr Basically I dont want a friendship is power storyline here.

Fed-Kun's army
@BraveHeartedHero: I hear you (and I agree!), but I don't think it'll be as fluffy as "friendship is power" with how they're killing everyone LOL I don't doubt there will be pockets of humans out there that sympathize with the inhumans, but with how the leaders of humanity are? Nah, man, I get more of a Akame Ga Kill vibe more than anything: This is gonna end for them slowly and painfully.

@TwilightFaze If its going that route then its fine for me. I don't really want to see the demi cast getting killed off like Akame Ga Kill. That turned me off of its story since it felt like the goal from the start was to kill everyone off rather than write good deaths in to serve a purpose. I don't want there to be a pocket of humans that sympathize because it doesn't look like that would exist. The glasses character makes it obvious that sympathizers would be routed out and killed.

Fed-Kun's army
@BraveHeartedHero: Well, here's my theory (completely baseless, but I'm going off the vibe of this alone, so take it with a grain of salt). The reason I feel there may be pockets of humanity that sympathize with inhumans is because in the past there was peace between the two factions. Even in reality, it's hard to 100% destroy such stability. Plus when you consider how one of the girls he met still wants to reason with him, it gives me the suspicion she at least might turn sides after both sides of the story are revealed. And yeah, I can see how specs there would do away with any traitors quickly, but I can't shake off the feeling they're actually in hiding for that reason. I could be way off base and you're right: none exist. I just find it difficult to believe that every last single human is for genocide.

As for the Akame Ga Kill vibe, no, I don't mean the inhumans getting slaughtered to near extinction. I just mean the method of how some characters are going to die (good or evil) are not going to be pleasant. Nowhere near AGK's level obviously as indicated by the first three "chapters" but considering who died so far and how, I can't expect the more important characters to get away without suffering some casualties.

Time out didn’t one First. chapters. WHej the queen talk about how it was human who attack first. That it should a flash bxk with humans and non humans walking together and talking.

Fed-Kun's army
Judging by the new cover, it could be possible for one of the crazy chicks to change sides.

Dex-chan lover
I'm tired of all those idiots pretending it's generic or whining that humans are the bad guys (ever saw anyone whinning about seeing the nazis or the demon lord portrayed as bad ? no, villain templates exist, get over it) when it's everything but generic, how is it generic to have the characters use a jet fighter to attack a city with a giant railgun in a fucking medieval isekai ?

you know... this series would be more interesting if it didn't keep thinking
"oh man, how are we going to keep the reader invested in our story? BOOBS MORE BOOBS, have some yuri molestation too!! and make the bad guys cute girls!!! or else the reader will just ignore the bad guys!!!"

Is every author gonna make his own Maoyuu Maou Yuusha with bigger tiddunkars?
Also, what is more in this series - gore or tits?

lol i knew i recognized this trash art from somewhere. same guy who does that dungeon planning one

Dex-chan lover
Kinda trash
IDK, maybe read it again when it gets to 27.5234 or maybe 29.766

Dex-chan lover
This series has a pretty fundamental problem. The villains are terrible. Like, unabashedly terrible.
If you wanna make a villain that is entirely unlikable go ahead, but kill them in that same chapter or in the immediate next chapter.
Don't let them keep hanging around like the clap.

@M0NST3R A reason for the villains being entirely unlikable needs to be hinted at. The only hints i've gathered for this is that certain humans wanted power, influenced a war, and now continue to desire their place in the totem pole. How and why is what is missing. This means we just read genocide for the sake of it

Users who are viewing this thread