Maou to Yuusha no Tatakai no Ura de - Vol. 3 Ch. 13.1 - Considerations and Preparations VI

Dex-chan lover
So he will pay for the travel expenses even if the items he requested aren't found (p17). He better have a competing merchant contact so he can avoid getting scammed.

Dex-chan lover
So he will pay for the travel expenses even if the items he requested aren't found (p17). He better have a competing merchant contact so he can avoid getting scammed.
It's a large merchant that already trained their staff on who he is and what he looks like. You don't grow into a large business that's able to go to the palace by scamming people.

The merchant knows about the stampede, chapter implies the merchant also knows it was a near disaster, and MC implies the merchant has at least heard rumors of the Demon king.

"There is no point to profit if there isn't anywhere to spend it." Sure the merchant could scam the heroic student and doom the country.

Double-page supporter
regarding the question from the start: personally i don't mind split chapters. Especially if it means there's consistent releases.

Dex-chan lover
It's a large merchant that already trained their staff on who he is and what he looks like. You don't grow into a large business that's able to go to the palace by scamming people.

The merchant knows about the stampede, chapter implies the merchant also knows it was a near disaster, and MC implies the merchant has at least heard rumors of the Demon king.

"There is no point to profit if there isn't anywhere to spend it." Sure the merchant could scam the heroic student and doom the country.
History has no shortage of people who royally screwed over a lot of other people for their own benefit/amusement, and so my point still stands.

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for continuing to translate this.

Aniglitch has been sleeping on their good titles for quite a while now and focusing on getting new ones as it seems - or more like they are more active on their manhwas and long-strip format mangas.

Dex-chan lover
leaving a comment to ask can someone explain to me what the meme in the end means

Dex-chan lover
History has no shortage of people who royally screwed over a lot of other people for their own benefit/amusement, and so my point still stands.
My assumption was that the potential profits from actually going out and finding the gear would be a much better return than just sitting on the travel-reimbursement insurance.

Not to mention, better than making an enemy of the nobility and royalty of a nation that prides itself in its military might. Scams work much better when the scammed don't have the power or reach to retaliate. The company has a good enough reputation for the MC to negotiate directly in person - there's no reason for them to suddenly turn stupid and risk expulsion/execution over a finder's fee.

Dex-chan lover
Hello, translator here. I don't really understand it either, but I just thought it was funny. Btw the hiragana たたうら is an abbreviation by which the Japanese call this manga.
for the tataura part i get it bc ive been looking through pixiv tag for the fanarts lol

Dex-chan lover
This is the strangest hentai I've ever seen.
What? You didn't like OMOSHIROI Crown Prince and fat ugly Bast- uh I mean, Merchant? Those are the staples of NTR hentais!

But jokes aside, gotta love that the series is back. Not only it has beautiful artstyle, it also has a nice, logical plot alongside it. MC can't do much against Merchant and his greed but the Merchant himself can't scam MC either. Remember that the chapter started with MC talking about this very situation and the 2nd part is basically MC asking Merchant on behalf of the kingdom to confirm the existence of the high-level equipment. Merchant knows it and is already quite profitable not only from the potential goods he can buy but he also gains incredibly valuable map (as we know from the previous chapters). Not only that, MC also prepares the guards for the caravan so there is potentially near-zero chance for Merchant to scam MC. If he does it, then he's as good as dead as he scammed not the MC but the kingdom behind him. And let's be honest - such Merchant would love to be in good relationship with a young noble who became a hero last stampede and now seems to be a close aide to the Crown Prince (who himself grooms MC into right hand for his son/ future king). Besides both sides have network of informants so they know about the coming danger and would also potentially know if the Merchant did something funny with the equipment.
God, I love the series where everything makes sense!

Users who are viewing this thread