Marine Corps Yumi

Dex-chan lover
@Kisshouin because you found out that the author/translator died, and we haven't seen an official english page in a long time. Hyakuro's version actually failed to represent Yumi's broken-ish english i think

Dex-chan lover
anyone know how many official english pages are there? english site isn't exactly functional anymore

Dex-chan lover
Good fun. Informative without being dry, not some sort of crazy patriotic propaganda but still light-heartedly positive. I like it.

Ummmm im really confused as to why this exist tbh, but apparently the original author passed way. She was also active duty military at one point lol. Wait so I just read it and ummmm the DI's at basic say really racist shit and curse a lot also last slide was very much an officers uniform lol. Still pretty entertaining tho. BTW I was stationed on Hansen XD.

Dex-chan lover
@OkiStash why is this here? because the official english site (mcyumi.com) has been inactive for so long it got shut down and archived. notice how the few recent chapters are done by a TL group instead of the official pages from Moreno (i miss her commentary). on that note, i'm aware that there's at least 150+ chapters before Nogami-san finished it, so for those groups looking for projects, this one's up for grabs, and all the raws are just waiting. IMO former experience as a half-japanese ex-marine officer would help (remember, Yumi is of the current latest english pages a Corporal).

@Yukine1 japanese pages are already complete so if you can read those, go for it thru the handy Raw button there

Dex-chan lover
well good for you to have a wifey that can read japanese. for the rest of us tho we don't. so all i can do is just sit nice like a good boi and reminiscence about the good ol days when Moreno was still alive

Dex-chan lover
@OkiStash @Wolvenworks
I couldn't read the raws myself so I had my wife read them to me XD.

You have a wife that can read Japanese and does so for you?
fBwhMDC.jpg

Dex-chan lover
We really need someone to pick it up or upload the originals. Do it for Moreno.

Users who are viewing this thread