Mato Seihei no Slave - Ch. 136 - Gathering

Dex-chan lover
people are talking whether Ren is dumb or not or she's drunk on power or not, people missed one of the biggest aspect of her

which is that she's a really selfish person, of course she'll take the deal, it benefits her image if she managed to make "gods" bow down to her, thinking that everything will be fine, which i think it'll bite her back later on anyway

she's really powerful, but she can't be anywhere, everywhere all the time

Dex-chan lover
I'm calling bullshit on the peace deal. Besides, Ren is not dumb enough to fall for a trap. She definitely have something planned already. Then again, how would I know.
Ren knows it's a trap, The gods know she knows it's a trap, the chiefs know, the gods know, Ren knows it's a trap. Even we know she knows, they know... you get the picture.

But she's so damn overpowered she doesn't care.

Dex-chan lover
Yep both sides are seriously underestimating each other, Ren still hasn't gone all out with her power (except to try to counter Slave payment impulse and failing miserably). But I'm surprised the author is already explaining the gods true plot.

Wonder what will happen once Shikoku and company realize the defeated gods aren't really dead but stuck inside Yuuki.

Dex-chan lover
It's frustrating to read that your own team is absolute joke, it's worse if it's your own leader (that already close to you).

This kind of thing supposed to be hidden by the author because it's only agitated the reader with no added interesting fact. Reader should be supposed to take a guess what plan would go wrong in both enemy or ally. Explaining them all is lame. Of course the author would be in a harder position to make an exciting twist of the plot.

I hold the only interesting thing on this chapter, they need to dethrone ren. If it's not happening i would completely give up on this series

Dex-chan lover
Yeah, I was pretty confident they were manipulating Ren's sense of pride.

I don't know if she really is invincible, we don't know all of her powers, but the mind is never as strong as we think it is, or never as weak either.

Shikoku's plan isn't infallible either, it depends on a very tight timing, she knows they know she is pretty much lying, so for this curse to take effect, the moment of delivery will be everything.

I find it so funny how those three are just chilling inside Yuuki's mindscape... and the fact that Kuusetsu and Fukuma pretty much adopted schoolgirl uniforms as their everyday wear cracks me up.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
I don't know if she really is invincible, we don't know all of her powers, but the mind is never as strong as we think it is, or never so weak either.
Probably not invincible, but pretty close to it. Thus far, the only weakness (beyond her own hubris) that Ren possesses is her inability to go against the slave reward requirement of Kyouka's power. Ren can undo the transformation, but she can't, for all her power (even when she really "tries"), negate the requirement of rewarding the slave after the transformation ends. Honestly, if that weren't the case, then I honestly wouldn't blame her for being so arrogant.

Dex-chan lover
She isnt a buffoon, she is taking a gamble knowing she is taking a gamble and willing to do so.

She is in fact that powerful, if you want to argue she is "too drunk on her power" then explain how? She thinks she can power over any trap and that is true if its some kind of a ambush, in a fight she can win as the Gods even said as much, also at no point we had any indication they can do what they are trying to do, after all the Gods thenselves they cannot curse ... this is new, its not a flaw of judgement to not consider a ability they never displayed and one that they would used already if they could instead of the gamble.

Also we all know this wont work as, to the disappointment of Akane no Kill fans, this is not that type of series and after 130+ chapters wont suddenly turn into it, or at least its not likely so question is how this will play out since the the Commander Election is still up and its strange Ren asked Yuuki for his opinion and she is cleaver enough to know what Yuuki answer would be, chances are this because the issue at the Commander Ellection and Ren is using this to gather support for her re-ellection.

Last this curse cannot be "oh and everyone dies now" otherwise they wouldnt bother, it seems their plan rests of they taking it as if its the Mato power and then comes questions about it since I doubt Ren would take it as face value since she knows its a trap.
It's akame ga kill btw.

I am surprised that you still believe ren because if you are really notice what this series shown in the past chapters, especially after the enemy mentioned it again in this chapter, ren would definitely not planning at all to back her claim. Unless she got whatever author introduce later that happened just out of necessity

Dex-chan lover
Ya know Ren's ego, overconfidence & underestimating her opponents. Reminds me of Overhaul & we all know what happened to him

👏 Prompts to the thunder gods on baiting her & feeding her ego.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread