Mato Seihei no Slave - Ch. 136 - Gathering

Dex-chan lover
In the end this will all come down to which is faster: The "peace" meeting with the Gods or Kyouka takes over control.

Dex-chan lover
I love how the sibling gods are just chilling in Yuuki's head. It looks like some high school spin-off of this series or something. I'd love to see a side story where they explore his head, like memories or hidden desires and whatever. Hence that makes them understand his nature little by little.

Dex-chan lover
It's akame ga kill btw.

I am surprised that you still believe ren because if you are really notice what this series shown in the past chapters, especially after the enemy mentioned it again in this chapter, ren would definitely not planning at all to back her claim. Unless she got whatever author introduce later that happened just out of necessity

I read about 2 chapters of Akame ga kill, I liked it so much that it took me about 10 chapters before I checked this one out and that I knew he wrote parts of Majikoi before I checked it.

Also this isnt about "believe" in a character, not in the sense you making ... I believe in characters that make decisions based on their personalities and knowledge, as I said Ren knows this is a trap but there is no way she can know the Gods plans because we didnt know the Gods plans and even the Gods say they cannot curse anyone, this is a very recently development, there is no way Ren can know that.

That is my point.

Ren decision makes sense considering what she knows, to argue otherwise is that Ren should reject the Gods offer for no real reason besides "I dont trust then", people that make decions based on emotions are very shitty Commanders and once again I will point out Ren knows is most likely a trap but have no evidence it is one let alone of what type of trap it is, thus she cannot really bring any real argument outside "trust me bro" that is, obviously, not a argument and none of the Chiefs can point out exactly what the Gods are planning since, like Ren, arent all knowing that begs the other question, Ren is commander of the Mato Defense Force but there are obviously people above her, she even mentions (again) the Prime Minister is very interrested in this deal since as bait its damn good one, Ren is only biting since she thinks that its worth the risk.

But lets say she rejects it ... what changes? Nothing. The Mato Defense Force is no closer to the Mato Gods as they were before and the Gods might be down 2 more but we know they can create more as they did exactly that thus logically the God would simply hunker down and replenish their numbers having neither won or lost anything as for the Mato Defense Force that would exactly the same, they would still have to find the Gods and destroy then something they been unable to do in Mato.

Of course in a narrative they have to take the bait as I shown, rejection leads to absolutly nothing changing and thus pointless to even bring up, characterwise Ren is very self-confident a lot due to being simply very strong and I suppose you can see were I am going with this, this arc is going to depower Ren since the Gods already said "nah, she would win" if it come to a fight, likely not kill her but I suppose if the curse is going to hit anyone, its going to be her since as I said, this isnt Akame ga Kill.

This might be the defeat that will discipline Ren critically, setting the stage for Kyouka ascension to replace her

Dex-chan lover
I like the other Kyouka and co decided not to further try to persuade the talking wall (Ren) and simply be the next chief in order to overturn the vote.

Dex-chan lover
The Gods of Thunder are lying and are setting a trap!?

69732286_10221657400524573_7876439536568369152_n.jpg

Dex-chan lover
She isnt a buffoon, she is taking a gamble knowing she is taking a gamble and willing to do so.

She is in fact that powerful, if you want to argue she is "too drunk on her power" then explain how? She thinks she can power over any trap and that is true if its some kind of a ambush, in a fight she can win as the Gods even said as much, also at no point we had any indication they can do what they are trying to do, after all the Gods thenselves they cannot curse ... this is new, its not a flaw of judgement to not consider a ability they never displayed and one that they would used already if they could instead of the gamble.

Also we all know this wont work as, to the disappointment of Akane no Kill fans, this is not that type of series and after 130+ chapters wont suddenly turn into it, or at least its not likely so question is how this will play out since the the Commander Election is still up and its strange Ren asked Yuuki for his opinion and she is cleaver enough to know what Yuuki answer would be, chances are this because the issue at the Commander Ellection and Ren is using this to gather support for her re-ellection.

Last this curse cannot be "oh and everyone dies now" otherwise they wouldnt bother, it seems their plan rests of they taking it as if its the Mato power and then comes questions about it since I doubt Ren would take it as face value since she knows its a trap.
If I'm remembering the curse was use before by the Mato Guy. But then we all known its a trap and a stupid one. Who would willing not require a test of whatever is brought from Mato land. But you are right Ren has to take the bait.

Dex-chan lover
Everyone assuming Ren is being cocky, but what if that's exactly what she wants everyone to think?

Dex-chan lover
people are talking whether Ren is dumb or not or she's drunk on power or not, people missed one of the biggest aspect of her

which is that she's a really selfish person, of course she'll take the deal, it benefits her image if she managed to make "gods" bow down to her, thinking that everything will be fine, which i think it'll bite her back later on anyway

she's really powerful, but she can't be anywhere, everywhere all the time
Yeah, I can see that happening, considering how she treats Yuuki and how much she's looking down on him, but it ends up backfire on her.

Dex-chan lover
Probably not invincible, but pretty close to it. Thus far, the only weakness (beyond her own hubris) that Ren possesses is her inability to go against the slave reward requirement of Kyouka's power. Ren can undo the transformation, but she can't, for all her power (even when she really "tries"), negate the requirement of rewarding the slave after the transformation ends. Honestly, if that weren't the case, then I honestly wouldn't blame her for being so arrogant.
Which means that she is vulnerable to something.

Her ability can't negate effects that have some underlying "restriction and reward" mechanic.

This could mean that deceiving her into some sort of magic contract could be an option.

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the new chapter!

Ren and Shikoku technically are underestimating each other.
The only way so far they would achieve true peace if they would shove all the gods of thunder into Yuuki's domain/space.
Which also makes you think what would happen to Yuuki if all of the gods indeed get contained in his domain.

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the new chapter!

Ren and Shikoku technically are underestimating each other.
The only way so far they would achieve true peace if they would shove all the gods of thunder into Yuuki's domain/space.
Which also makes you think what would happen to Yuuki if all of the gods indeed get contained in his domain.
Weird mind orgy or Yuuki explodes or he becomes the ultimate God and final boss of the series.

Dex-chan lover
Oh boy they really are  brewing something nasty. They're surely concocting a plan to exterminate the MDF in one fell swoop, after multiple failures to stir chaos within their ranks.
I would not be surprised if the attack is  stricken at the meeting, and i hope Ren's mind has not been plagued by the poisonous words that leave their accursed mouth.

The MDF cannot allow any  pernicious plans to swirl for too long or they are bound to lose good service-(wo)men to their nefarious plans, they should strike before so as to take the gods by surprise as they are fermenting their own battle plan.

Keep pot bro alive tho, im not biased

Dex-chan lover
In reverse, just killing Ren is probably good enough result for them.

Dex-chan lover
"Humans are our enemies, but he's (Yuuki) an exception."
I find it so interesting that the gods inside Yuuki's head aren't trying to fight him or scheme against him or anything of the sort, they're all just kinda chilling, but most of all, they really do seem like they are on Yuuki's side... or at least he's the only human they are cool with. I wonder where this is leading to...

Users who are viewing this thread