Mato Seihei no Slave - Vol. 14 Ch. 112 - Varvara Pilipenko

Dex-chan lover
I completely called it! I said her ability had something to do with religion due to the cross in the background of the last chapter and I was right. Her ability is to partly summon a cathedral and perhaps create a safe space, I believe the other part will be to persecute those that have committed sin within the cathedral. In other words those that she deems as evil whilst in the cathedral space might receive some kind of physical or mental debuff. This might be why she changed her mind about our MC as he didn't suffer any mental effects whilst in the space. It could also be an ability that warps reality, in a sense granting miracles to the righteous whilst they're in the cathedral.

Thank you everyone over at Ards for another amazing translation.
jesus fuck..i hope you're trolling...cause you're so incredibly wrong..|
her ability is creating a safe space where the conditions are in favor. the space that results seems to be based on her current emotions. I.E when she knew of her parents wrongdoings. her ability mainfested in the form of a space that consisted of matter made out of darkness that she could control.
Then when she saw a new reason to live in Kyouka, almost essentially worshipping her, her ability manifested in the form of a cathederal dedicated to Kyouka, where Kyouka's enemies would feel weakened. This could be due to Pilipenko having a desire to protect Kyouka

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
“Well akshually”, Dude I’m having fun in the comments, and yes I read it just fine.

It’s not a huge leap that someone obsessed with the perceived purity of an object of affection might harbor at the very least possessiveness toward that individual. Your questioning my ability to read when you don’t understand social cues, lol.
You can't have fun in the comments without the though police telling you off

Dex-chan lover
Another great chapter. i like these backtories of the chiefs. I like how this manga treats hierarchy within the Mato Defense Corps (chiefs are more developed characters than the rest of their unit) and each chief feels unique.

Varvara looks so beautiful in her uniform, I really like her design. I knew, the moment she said she hated Yuuki, that she has special feeling towards Kyouka, there was no other answer. But I do think that she went very far by showing Yuuki her ability as proof of her respect for Kyouka (I mean, since she didn't tell Kyouka herself the extent of her feelings, why would she talk about, and even show it to Yuuki?).

Since she's the next target of Shadow Bell, I expect her to use Yuuki in her battle and, if Takahiro permits it, have a joint reward with Kyouka (it would be really funny if this reward completely changes her perspective and becomes obsessed with them).

Can't wait for the next chapter.

Can someone explain why the chapters are censored now? I feel like the earlier chapters weren’t, and suddenly became censored.

Dex-chan lover
Can someone explain why the chapters are censored now? I feel like the earlier chapters weren’t, and suddenly became censored.
I'm not 100% so the details might not be spot on, but the manga is released online every two weeks. That is the censored version that we are seeing. Then once the volume is done, they publish it without the censor (I hear the word Tankobon thrown about but I don't know what that means and what makes that different from a regular physical volume?) as it entices people that have already read the online version to buy the physical book. As for us pirates, I believe the scanlators either initially had the physical scans as a backlog or retroactively go back and add them in.

Dex-chan lover
right, bell was easy. But i dont think the others will be as easy as you think there imposter.

Dex-chan lover
Stereotypical fanservice situation -> actually a plot by the bad guy to separate a chief from the others. I like it.

Edit: I think it'll be legitimately funny if there's all this build up and then the Bell imposter gets wrecked as soon as she tries something.

Users who are viewing this thread