Mazumeshi Elf to Yuboku gurashi - Vol. 3 Ch. 11 - A clue to the homeland

More evidence that Le Fey is just straight up Morgan Le Fey from Arthurian legend, huh?

Aggregator gang
They have human blood mixed among them. Now go procreate with Popo and leave lots of descendants...

Dex-chan lover
Alright, while it is an interesting twist, the scientist in me has to point out: John Tolkien didn't create pointy eared elves. He may have popularized them, but he didn't create them. (And I never saw any extremely pointed ears like this until Blizzard's Warcraft came out.

You can see depictions of pointy eared elves in older paintings, like The Quarrel of Oberon and Titania, Sir Joseph Noel 1849; or (arguably) the Eadwine Psalter, Scribe Eadwine 1155-1160.

... That being said, it's clear that Lefay has been to Earth in relatively modern times. So why does she look like all the other "elves," if she's not an elf? What are the other elves then?

Also, she says she's the weirdest thing around, and the MC somehow agrees with her, but I'd say toothless granny was way weirder.

@karanga and yet you don't bat eye when Tolkien dwarves are Scotts or Irish? Come on. Let's not be a hypocrite here

Dex-chan lover
...Wait, you mean to tell me I don't even need to be isekai'd to get elves?! There's some already here on Earth?!

Dex-chan lover
@HaikenEdge
Even if not everyone knows how to cook the average person still has the "idea" of how cooking is made. Still, even half-assed attempts by an average person who has never cooked in their life and just going by what they've seen on TV or by seeing their grandma or mom cooking would end up being a million times better than those of all the living beings in this setting.

Double-page supporter
I'm confused, so is the Scottish girl saying that such creatures do exist on their original Earth? And so this Scottish girl was living on Earth normally ... whilst hiding her ears or something?

Fed-Kun's army
@goodhunter Nono, aparently she is Morgan La Fey (THE Morgan La Fey from arthurian legend). She is actually a fairy, in celtic legends fairies looks like pop culture elfs.

@Midoriha
There's your problem, you are using modern pov. Cooking, recipes in particular, was a closely guarded secret in the past, often passed down from mother to daughter (part of bridal training). On the male side, it got treated as a trade, having apprenticeship. If you look at nomadic societies that doesn't have much contact with modern society, they are stuck with some very rudimentary recipes.

Sharing of knowledge is a very modern idea, there's a reason why cookbooks were family heirlooms in the past (some of them even survive to our time, that's how well kept and regarded they were)

Double-page supporter
@etanred ok, fairy or not, my question still stands though. Did she live on original Earth, and if she did, how did no one realize that there were such races like her coexisting with them?

Dex-chan lover
Guess it makes sense, she mentioned "Avalon" after all

Oh shit, not dwarves....GARDEN GNOMES

Fed-Kun's army
@Knighto Yep, the Grand Sorcerer herself. But, i think this one is more like the more older and Celtic version of Morgana (thus Morgan La Fey), where she is just a fairy who likes to play pranks and the one who brought Arthur to Avalon (if i remember right). So, a good Scotish girl.

@goodhunter I think the author is going for the good old "Legends and myths are real, just so happened that humans forgot them has real, thanks to the advancement in technology"

Users who are viewing this thread