Mazumeshi Elf to Yuboku gurashi

Group Leader
@Say Ohhhhh ok now I get it thanks again for clarifying! Yup I will keep on reading I liked the serie from the start.

Dex-chan lover
Since they called human 'monkey man' there is definitely monkey in the universe, so when will he cook monkey?

I really do not understand how 19 people actually gave this a one star. It is primarily a cooking manga, but it has a backstory and mystery. It has a lot of exploration as well. I do not count this as an isekai since it is too good to be lumped with that rabble. (Yes, I know isekai means other world but most of them are bad and this more is too good to even be lumped with them)

Dex-chan lover
I read it in one sit and it reminds me with the series Cooking With Wild Games.
But the different is this series had more comedic feeling compare to the others. A good read when you want to read something with relaxing vibes.

Fed-Kun's army
@motheblackcat well the elves we think of now are kind of based on the mythological beings of Irish/British origin called sidhe; or aos si. They are can be thought of as fairies, elves, spirits, or even pagan gods. I think they were probably the spirits the original pagans worshiped before Christianity came to Ireland. I believe this is also where Shakespeare based his design of Titania on from A Midsummer night's dream.

Theres also the fact that Tolkien made his elves based partially on them and the the Norse Ljosalfar.

LOTR was unexpected, great world building and looking forward to seeing the mystery unfold.

Dex-chan lover
i just want a cooking, slice of life isekai manga man. well its good, but my 2 braincells cant handle how thicc the plot is

Dex-chan lover
You know? After some chapters I say that Lefay would make for a cool mom.

Say

Group Leader
@misatokat cause the font doesn't have accented letters
Would you like me to put in a wonderful calibri/times new roman in the middle of that font? Maybe even comic sans?

You thought this is a simple isekai manga but then phylosophy starts coming from a blue-eyed blonde shota....

I want a paperback ver. :))

Dex-chan lover
@Zfug I didn't rated it 1 star but I understand why some people can rate it so.

The world building is dumb, nobody in their right mind would "cook" like the elves, by trial and error, or even by sheer luck, the dishes would not be the same and would improve little by little.
Or in the slight chance they would always cook like that it'd shape their taste and they'd dislike other type of food that are too much different. (and if they didn't improve volontarily it's because they prefer it that way).

Then the all "off with their head" is dumb too, killing someone over a small mistake without chance of redemption is nonsensical.
If the cooking was so revered, it'll not be given to a random person but by a pretress or someone with high status which would not just give their right to cook to a stranger easily (even more if they know they risk to die if they makes a small mistake).

The two major things that drive the plot and around which the world is build are entirely flawed. Which just ruin it.

The cooking part is so-so, and reaction of the food is kind of meh.

The elves' characters are bland.

So yeah, not a good manga.

@say oh, I didn't think there could be fonts without accents in 2020... oh well. I'd rather like the idea of comic sans (not :eek:), but better yet, why not try manga sans :D ?

Say

Group Leader
@misatokat it's mostly me, since I want to keep the fonts consistent between chapters. I'll look into it in the future if this becomes a recurring problem.

@Say for what it's worth, as a french, I'd better read "bechamel" without accent than "be'chamel" as a poor's man way to mark the missing accent. when typing on QWERTY keyboards without accents, I used to completely ignore them and write without them. (well, it's been quite a while since I've needed to type on a QWERTY keyboard...)

maybe make a TL note about the right pronunciation ?

anyway, thanks for clarifying the point.

Users who are viewing this thread