Mazumeshi Elf to Yuboku gurashi

I mean, the art is nice but the premise is just so fucking stupid (in a bad way) that I can't enjoy this at all.
Like others have said, there's no way that any kind of people would go for generations eating disgusting food, with things not getting better at all. And if they somehow would while also living in a society where food was so sacred that anybody who wasted it would get killed, would they seriously let some random nobody who just showed up cook for them?
The Prarie Elves are pretty clearly based on Central Asian tribes, and I get that this is a fantasy world so things don't have to match reality at all, but acting like people like that wouldn't have any kind of decent food culture is just ridiculous.

Fed-Kun's army
@Say Thanks for the releases! Really enjoying the series so far. What’s the release schedule on this? Is it caught up on the raws already?

Say

Group Leader
@Rinji Sorry for the slow releases, we are working on the next chapter already.
We lack experienced typesetters, hence we are a bit slow, so if anyone knows someone who is willing to help, we'd be very happy.

reading all that at once 2 months ago and then to wait 3000 years for next chapter's release was death

This is an okay isekai centered around cooking while sharing with fantasy characters. If you're looking for other cooking/food isekai you can read:

Isekai Ryouridou
Isekai Shokudou(though that one you'll have to find)
Isekai Izakaya "Nobu
Isekai Izakaya "Gen" (shared universe with nobu)
The Mermaid Princess's Guilty Meal
Isekai Omotenashi Gohan
The Forsaken Saintess and Her Foodie Roadtrip in Another World
Isekai Healthy Kitchen
Gensou Gourmet

Contributor
@Say I'm really enjoying this. It's so stress-relievey. And it's nice to Mongolian tribal culture (or something like it) in a manga. It feels so cozy and homey.

Dex-chan lover
@say no no, I can wait. I thought it was dropped hahah sorry. I appreciate the translation still.

It's another episode of superior japanese person teaching ""savages"" how to be civilised again...

"Decent" is the word that comes to mind for this one.

It feels aimed at a younger audience, 10-12 I'd say, and it's rather nonsensical in the details-- but I guess it gets a pass 'cuz "fantasy".

Dex-chan lover
@reader341 yes

@sam3h3ll for a Superior Japanese person he rarely cook actual Japanese food. Most are actual tribal or traditional food from other countries still no rice so kinda weird he’s not looking for one.

It's kinda funny how a simple sentence can hook your interest so much. While the story was alright as a fun little side dish, it felt mostly like it's aimed at kids. And still is, to be fair. But
that one sentence by Atmos about how the world seems to collect culture from Earth
really picked my interest. Maybe because I'm a D&D GM, but it's such a cool world building idea, that I cannot help but imagine how it'll go next.

Overall, while the manga is nothing special and might bore quite a few people, it's also very easygoing, funny and has just that hint of mystery that makes me recommend it to anyone looking for a small distraction.

Dex-chan lover
@sam3h3ll little more than japanese if you read it

Turns out that the entire world runs on summoning people from earth from all eras and nations to help advance/change the culture of the world. Sort of feels like this place may be the dumping grounds or testing area of the gods to see what works/what can change with outside interference.

If you like "slice of life" genre, you will definetly like this. It's one of my favourites.

Dex-chan lover
how this and elf-deck belong to the same universe, anyone knows the connecttion!?

Users who are viewing this thread