Mazumeshi Elf to Yuboku gurashi

Aggregator gang
Give it a chance, it's better then I expected
I also can't help but worry after the ending of chapter 5..

Its crazy how mc accepting demand easily, and more crazier that from chapter 4 more people show up and really pushing selfish demand that to mc,
The merchants are just like that corrupt nobles in another isekai manga but the mc doesnt fight back or at least try to get more profitable position

Dex-chan lover
It's not horrible. Like an isekai, stuff plays out quite conveniently, although in this case it makes some bit of sense.
MC is a high schooler who has a passion and knows how to cook. It's a hobby/craft that makes sense (more so than those wiki-brain protags). He's transported to a world where food is actually shit. So it makes sense modern cooking is revolutionary.

It's a solid fluffy story. Worth reading if you can get past the premise that no-one knows how to make any sort of food.

That said, it's super unrealistic that hunter-gatherer type societies can't figure out how to make cheese, dried meat, and alcohol.

Dex-chan lover
It's a better cooking manga isekai than most, The world is actually different with different race rather than just old earth, but we have big tiddie's half naked elf, It also has its own culture although it's not the main attention right now. I say it's pretty good 8.89/10
Can't wait for the war arc where the MC need to convince the Dragon like people to join the war with his food, so they can end the 2 years war between the Mountain Orc and The Mountain Elf.

CTD

10/10 master fucking piece the best food isekai i ever read my eyes arre bleeding because it too pure for my corrupted eyes

I like the character design and the drawing style but the way this story concept was executed is indisputable proof that the artist was wasted on the author.

This one is interesting enough to feel a bit original in its development. Obviously, the MC has a bit of a plot immunity since he always succeed in things he never did previously. (Having the knowledge is totally not the same as having experience.) Still, I like how most races have their own cultures and history that aren't typical to their fantasy classic counterparts.

Double-page supporter
Ah, I love this. It's so peaceful to read with a lot of heart warming. Although I feel bad for the granny from chapter 1, she lost the knife and the boy lollllll

@starburst98 He never actually does. Later he discovers that Aliens have visited this planet and another so he uses them to fly back home with a fellow earthling. It is a super weird ending and totally not just made up... Totally.

I will give it, is a good comedy and a warm manga, but the fact nobody never tried to improve the food or discovered simple things like cheese, is so offputing. Maybe if the MC did not succed from first try and did some more complicated and not so obvious thing will be a improvment. 6.5/10

So a review from someone that read up to chapter 9 and if you're unsure if you want to read it:

Honestly, it's an interesting story. Not the best written I can say, since there are some flaws in the character writing, but not too bad to make me drop it (And that's saying a lot considering how horrible some isekais are at writing characters.) It's quite heart warming most of the time, as expected from a food manga.

The art is really good, so props to the artist. But what I really like about this story is the worldbuilding. I absolutely adore how the author tried to incorporate different cultures into each race instead of sticking to the fantasy tropes. It makes the world feel a bit more alive and believable, and I get more curious at each chapter just to see what different culture did the author create this time.

Should you read it? Yeah, if you're looking for some chill reading and heart warming stuff, give it a try. I give it a 7.0 or 6.8 rating. Not too bad, but it has the potential to be better.

Users who are viewing this thread