Meccha Shoukan Sareta Ken

Dex-chan lover
Author could not hold it in the pants... fucking hell, in ch 27 he tells Aliyah that he has no interest in "using her" only to use her in the next pages to increase his "sexual acts" skill... fuck off. dropped.

Reaction to story like this is funny to me. People have a weird idea that an mc of a story has to be good or "right" in some way.

A "evil" mc can be interesting, death note is a good example. Another good one is karate survivor in another world. He's also a sociopath, but he's acting in a somewhat realistic way.

If you are going for an unlikable MC, you have to be smart about it and give some motivation to the actions of your character. Sure he could just be edgy for the sake of being edgy, but it's not very enjoyable on a narrative standpoint. There is no character growth, no inner struggle, no really smart thinking to enjoy, just pure power fantasy - which could be fine, but without any motivation this feel just pointless. If the mc is unable to feel anything, then why should I care for what he does or doesnt do.

The MC is also rather inconsistent. At first he only pretended to be a chuunibyou to keep a low profile, he even think that it was embarrassing to act like this, but as soon as the coup happen he fully lean into it and get increasingly cringier page after page.
The whole thing feels like the author is struggling to find ways to keep the story interesting, it feels like he try to make the MC do the most edgiest thing possible in an attempt to make the reader curious to see how he will be able to stoop even lower in the next chapter. I dropped it, for me chuunibyou characters are really the worst cliche possible (even the summoned heroes were thinking that..).

He reminds me a lot of Hajime Nagumo from "Arifureta: From Commonplace to World's Strongest" , another painfully edgy character .. but at least this one had some reasons to be the way he is.

Last edited:
am I misreading it then? i feel like the story never tries to say "MC good," but rather lets MC say the bullshit he wants and force it through by overwhelming force anyways, because objectively everyone besides aliyah (and the other heroes) is more or less an asshole
like, the philosophy on a meta pov is nothing more than "at the end of the day, ideals only go so far as power does" which is very applicable.
I understand what you're saying, the goddess in the manga even states that he is a self-centered human being who will do anything for his own personal gain and throw away anyone deemed useless which makes him one of the most powerful people and have one of the most powerful souls, but there is no real reasoning as to why this character acts the way he does which makes him a boring edgefest chuunibyou there isn't anything complex to him, he is completely a 1 dimensional character who his sole purpose of acting is just because I felt like it there are characters like that and are written in a better way for example joker deadpool it makes him feel like a character who is an asshole and edgy for the sake of being just that there are way better ways to write characters with this personality type one I didn't mention is alucard who the author takes clear inspiration from almost to the point of ripping off some parts of hellsing like the symbols on the glove which ill give him credit where its due since he changed the concept for them a bit and the wolves that he summons are just kind of like alucards power but less interesting and since he can create servants the author I guess needed to pump out more panels for the chapter he just ripped of the policewomen scene from the first chapters of hellsing even to the point of asking if the second princess is a virgin the author has fascinating concepts themes a great art style and an interesting way of twisting troupes, but it is ruined with an edgy boring MC who really doesn't say anything interesting that hasn't been said or done before a supporting cast with only 1 actually well written character i really hope and feel like this manga could be saved and turn out to be perfect if the author had more confidence in writing original ideas the concept of the second princess being nothing more than a discarded puppet that was only being used as a second plan and seeing her develop even just a little through the 22 chapters i read gave me hope that this could be good but so far it just kind of looks like the author doesn't really know how to write a MC yet he's just a mish mash of boring over done concepts with a sprinkle of fairy dust from Linkin Park and stolen ideas from better written MCs but i hope he can turn this around since it looks like its not to far in

Dex-chan lover
I understand what you're saying, the goddess in the manga even states that he is a self-centered human being who will do anything for his own personal gain and throw away anyone deemed useless which makes him one of the most powerful people and have one of the most powerful souls, but there is no real reasoning as to why this character acts the way he does which makes him a boring edgefest chuunibyou there isn't anything complex to him, he is completely a 1 dimensional character who his sole purpose of acting is just because I felt like it there are characters like that and are written in a better way for example joker deadpool it makes him feel like a character who is an asshole and edgy for the sake of being just that there are way better ways to write characters with this personality type one I didn't mention is alucard who the author takes clear inspiration from almost to the point of ripping off some parts of hellsing like the symbols on the glove which ill give him credit where its due since he changed the concept for them a bit and the wolves that he summons are just kind of like alucards power but less interesting and since he can create servants the author I guess needed to pump out more panels for the chapter he just ripped of the policewomen scene from the first chapters of hellsing even to the point of asking if the second princess is a virgin the author has fascinating concepts themes a great art style and an interesting way of twisting troupes, but it is ruined with an edgy boring MC who really doesn't say anything interesting that hasn't been said or done before a supporting cast with only 1 actually well written character i really hope and feel like this manga could be saved and turn out to be perfect if the author had more confidence in writing original ideas the concept of the second princess being nothing more than a discarded puppet that was only being used as a second plan and seeing her develop even just a little through the 22 chapters i read gave me hope that this could be good but so far it just kind of looks like the author doesn't really know how to write a MC yet he's just a mish mash of boring over done concepts with a sprinkle of fairy dust from Linkin Park and stolen ideas from better written MCs but i hope he can turn this around since it looks like its not to far in
i would hesitate to criticize someone else's writing when i can't be bothered to press the "enter" button twice. Or even once.

Also, the MC doesn't always HAVE to be super interesting, esp right off the bat (which this still basically is). Tho I haven't bothered reading hellsing so I wouldn't catch on to exactly how much it is or isn't a copy.

The only real criticism of yours that has stuck with me so far is the panel/chapter inflation.

Dex-chan lover
I'm still wondering how author ruined something promising, many contradictions, cringe ahh dialogues, an joke of protagonist... Evil protagonist work when you know how to do it otherwise it will be a pretentious edgy shit just like this one. Impressive that braindeads still buying the manga and hasn't been axed yet.

Not sure I've seen such a fun pilot chapter stapled to such an utterly unlikeable manga. The main character is Oversummoned and Overpowered, but frankly after a few volumes of this dreck I'm the one who's Over It.

Fed-Kun's army
Is this series still publishing? I know someone’s tl it but there’s no credits and post on mangadex. Last i heard, this series novel got axed at 3 novels

This is getting nowhere...

it was fun at first but I feel like everything that can be used a splot is already used.
Yadda yadda, he's overpowered at night, but who cares ? He's getting bodied by anything at day and the overflowing edginess felt already boring after 10 chapters.

And now MC becomes an adventurer but doesn't do jack shit. The girl is more useful than him for like 80% of the time.

Banned
BE TOLD

If you're a sociopath who wants to make the news at a grammar school, this is your hero.

If not, and you decide to read this, you should at least know this going in:

The MC is an utter piece of shit, with no logic and the temperament of a spoilt child.

Your IQ will go down by reading this, and there are no happy moments in this whole story; cute girls are targeted for butchering, and the MC only interacts with people for the sole purpose of cutting their stomach and kicking them until their intestines pour out beneath their often innocent and usually beautiful faces.

This is gross.
Have fun.

This is a good manga, so what if the mc is edgy and psycho? I like it that this guy doesn't give a fuck to others and cares about himself the most.

Need more of this manga.

Se falar em potencial desperdiçado essa obra fica no topo. Ideia interessante enfiada no c*. O próprio autor não sabe a personalidade dos seus chars. Fora q tem partes q parece uma fanfic de Hellsing. Esquizofrenia pura essa obra

It's one thing to have an edgy mc, but it's a whole other beast to have the manga glorify MC performing sexual assault. Insane incel behavior. Anyone who actually likes this mc should consider talking to real people.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread