Meguro-san wa Hajimete ja Nai - Ch. 74 - Helped me find the answers together

Group Leader
Just one question
Did he ask her before making this decision?
No. Meguro comes to this decision herself (and after some discussion with the other 2 girls she's friends with) after a month of tutoring with Zaizen. During that month we don't know Koga's perspective but Meguro mentions she thinks it's bothering him a little because he's been calling her less and she even struggles to bring that up with him (and that was a factor in her asking to break up). We don't know Koga's answer to the break up though since the chapter ends on that cliffhanger.

I'm sort of morbidly interested in seeing how the rating on here changes after this (and in fact, it's gone down .02 points since I read the chapter and got through these comments). I've personally felt like the story had been dragging for quite a while now, but this? This is like a high speed car crash and I can't look away.

Dex-chan lover
Jesus Christ I just want a nice and wholesome couple manga. Why is that too much to ask for?

I don't mind conflict but it's always the most forced and contrived shit possible, not to mention this weirdass need so many authors have of NTRbaiting even though we all fucking know nothing will come out of it. This shit achieves nothing other than pissing off your readers.

I liked this story so far so I guess I'll put it on hold until more chapters come out and this dogshit arc is over.

Dex-chan lover
This whole manga is like your average shojo romance but instead of selfish vindictive people, everyone is just very passive and understanding. But because we go through all of the same tropes and plot lines, they're just as stupid but it becomes frustrating in a completely different way.

Normally the girl would run into her former lover by accident and not leave because she doesn't want to worry her boyfriend. Here he gives her away. This situation shouldn't be happening in either but its still dumb that they would keep themselves in it.

Dex-chan lover
I guess sales numbers must be slipping, but they don't have any new ideas for something new so they don't want to end this. Otherwise there is no explanation for this absolutely jump-the-shark level of stupid development.

Dex-chan lover
"There is a perfect teacher for you"
Imagine being told this by your significant other and then they hire the person who took advantage of you sexually when you were 14. This is so fucked up and it's being presented as some wholesome self learning path for Meguro.

Dex-chan lover
"There is a perfect teacher for you"
Imagine being told this by your significant other and then they hire the person who took advantage of you sexually when you were 14. This is so fucked up and it's being presented as some wholesome self learning path for Meguro.
I have this feeling that the author legitimately does not get that Meguro was sexually exploited by a person in power she trusted.

The author seems to think it was just like a casual fling and nothing else.

Dex-chan lover
No. Meguro comes to this decision herself (and after some discussion with the other 2 girls she's friends with) after a month of tutoring with Zaizen. During that month we don't know Koga's perspective but Meguro mentions she thinks it's bothering him a little because he's been calling her less and she even struggles to bring that up with him (and that was a factor in her asking to break up). We don't know Koga's answer to the break up though since the chapter ends on that cliffhanger.
Imagine she herself is aware its bothering him/could be bothering him, but continues going there, or even went in the first place 🫡

And then theres MC who brought this situation on himself for virtually no logical reason whatsoever, thats like telling your Girlfriend to cheat on you, to then go and complain she cheated on you 🥸

Also instead of seeking him for tutoring, she could've looked for a therapist first of all things in order to fix her wrapped views

Dex-chan lover
Certified BRUH moment.

Fed-Kun's army
Aight I am dropping this. I can't endure the MC anymore, he is just too stupid and this seems like is going to be meaningless drama. I also think that this manga tries to be somewhat realistic on the fact that she is 'used goods', but is completely unrealistic because who the hell would want to endure going to a lot of trouble because of her past? seems like that would drain the life out of anyone. This manga is just blueball netorase.

Dex-chan lover
I have this feeling that the author legitimately does not get that Meguro was sexually exploited by a person in power she trusted.

The author seems to think it was just like a casual fling and nothing else.
Just to make this clear. No, the author likely doesn't even entertain this as a possibility as both were minors at the time. Why is this whole arc being painted as a good thing though? No fucking idea. I don't get what they're trying to prove here as it adds nothing to the story, if you need a situation this contrived to advance the plot I feel like the story failed long ago then.

As to when it failed? Maybe after the friend got pity baited into continue dating the childhood friend she didn't really love romantically or when Koga graduated this series went to shit. Maybe I'll just wait a year or two before reading again to see if this is salvageable.

Users who are viewing this thread