Meguro-san wa Hajimete ja Nai - Vol. 10 Ch. 71.5 - A strawberry is a strawberry

Dex-chan lover
I don't understand why some people drop a series just because they don't like one character. I think it's great that the author tries to show different facet of people and how each and everyone see things differently whether it's morally right or wrong and the awkwardness and confusion of teenagers.
If it's the MC, it can be deal breaking, especially if the issue with the character isn't his morals but his believability. Take the MC from Rent a Girlfriend for example. Need I say more?

Dex-chan lover
So much moral posturing here for a work of fiction.

Understandable of course since there is a certain satisfaction gained by comparing oneself to another person and thinking, "I'm such a good person compared to this POS. I would have never done something like that," even if that person doesn't even exist.

No doubt the character is a schmuck and is indefensible. I just find some people's reactions amusing.

Dex-chan lover
...I mean...he really is just fucked up in the head and unrepentant huh.

I guess it is nice after what happened with Meguro he didn't seem so inclined to date their students as a way to encourage them (or at least that's what I understood from the talks the last few chapters), but getting into a relationship without clearly defining what your expectations are and making sure your partner also understands them really is messed up.

Fine if you want to experience a lot of stuff with many different people, but clearly establish that so you don't end up hurting people who weren't willing or capable to properly deal with it.

I've heard there's people who can live have sane and healthy relationships like that, as long as they at least clearly establish the boundaries and expectations first, but if he can't even do that he's just a PoS of the greatest magnitude.

Dex-chan lover
Just because you don't know about something, doesn't mean you have a lack of responsibility and self-control

If you know you shouldn't be doing something, and you're curious, DO IT RESPONSIBLY AND COMMUNICATE!! You can't just go into something, hurt someone, and then say "well I didn't know"

Man this manga for how progressive it is, sometimes it misses the mark and tries to excuse scumbag behaviour

Users who are viewing this thread