Meguro-san wa Hajimete ja Nai - Vol. 11 Ch. 76 - What can I leave

Group Leader
FYI the manga ends in chapter 78.

If you don't want to wait, and because I know many people are already fed up with this story, here's the spoiler:
Of course they end up back together in 2 chapters lol. This was a literal nothing burger. Nothing happens to the teacher or any of the other characters either. In the last chapter Meguro just finishes her exams and gets back together with Koga, that's it, nothing else.

Edit: since I took the time to do it on reddit, here are all the comments from Japanese readers on pocket magazine (palcy where this is originally from doesn't have a comment section so no dice there), as I'm sure some folks are curious what the reaction over there was:

TL;DR JP readers are just as baffled and confused as us.

"I'll be waiting for the day they reunite too."

"Was there a need for them to break up? Wouldn't it be enough to just put some distance between them? Please let this have a happy end."

"I don't think there was a need to temporarily break up."

"A break up with a promise to get back together isn't a break up, since you still have the reassurance that you'll be able to date again. In the end you're still dating."

"This was the answer they found while considering each other's feelings and their own future. You could say this is proof they have a good relationship."

"If Koga-san ends up being this much of a virgin, I can't help but think this was a story about Meguro-San leading him on. I'll be hoping he loses his virginity in the next 3 or 4 chapters."

"So they broke up for the sake of their own future? What do you plan on doing after the exams? Bet they're just gonna go back to sticking together like before. Just break up with her and find some othrr single lady."

"I'm stupid so I don't get this kinda stuff, but if you love each other wouldn't it be best not to break up?"

"No! Who does this woman think she is!?"

"I can't say this doesn't sound like Meguro, but is Koga okay with it?"

"Uh, I don't think you can call this being considerate, no...?"

"Don't you feel sorry for Koga? What if the middle schooler groomer decided to get back together with her now that she's free? He'd never get back up on his feet lol."

"I don't get it. Sure she might be awkward with her actions but I don't think hurting your partner to protect yourself is a good thing."

"Feels like a palcy story that lost its way. Is this what a story for a female audience is like?" (note: palcy is kodansha's shoujo app)

"This is a break up with the assumption they'll get back together right? She just wants to focus solely on exams, right? Meguro-san can be really inept. I swear I'll cry if they don't get back together."

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
They're still young, who didn't have all the experience adults have and trough stumbling like this they got better at living their life. I reckon this is a more grounded portrayal of teenage romance, and reminded me of myself which also broke up with my highschool girlfriend when I moved away due to college.

Dex-chan lover

If you don't want to wait, and because I know many people are already fed up with this story, here's the spoiler:
Of course they end up back together in 2 chapters lol. This was a literal nothing burger. Nothing happens to the teacher or any of the other characters either. In the last chapter Meguro just finishes her exams and gets back together with Koga, that's it, nothing else.
Yeah thought so, I am becoming increasingly tired of the pointless drama authors try to condense in the last chapters.
It's like those where one of the characters leaves overseas for x number of years and timeskips in the last chapters. I never understood the point of it, it just stops the flow of the story and gives an unsatisfying ending.

Dex-chan lover
"The Cuck and the Emotionless Bitch" - New Disney Movie airing in your closest Cinema, today !

That felt so insanely useless and stupid it's insane 🤨

There's honestly nothing romantic going at all, it's literally just a toxic relationship and her just breaking up out of nowhere to then say "Wait for me might confess again later fam" is just the cherry on top

Dex-chan lover

So the author actually went through with pushing some straight up retarded messages/agendas that fully ruin BOTH leads in a handful of chapters.
This is pretty much the continuation of 34.5 or whatever dog chapter it was where she said she still loves and is thankful to sensei when she already knew everything (the grooming and using). How Koga and Meguro reasoned and acted these last chapters was absolutely asspull random writing.

Fully failed the sensei character and working with any "depth" this manga had. Ngl the last ~30% of the manga are a real 2-3/10. What a shame.

Dex-chan lover

I knew that

can't believe that the series end right there, shiiit authors really can't escape from destroying their own work with bad endings

Dex-chan lover

Japanese authors making literal pedophiles getting punishment challenge (impossible)

Dex-chan lover
Honestly wouldn't be surprised, if she broke up to do the teacher while they tutor, without cheating and get back together after they're done, could see the teacher make that suggestion and her following it 🫡

Can't say she does know what MC likes apparently 😶

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread