Meguro-san wa Hajimete ja Nai

Aggregator gang
@Freestyle: Another problem with most manga readers is that they've read A LOT. After a point, you start seeing patterns and comparisons and the magic of what was new is gone. This is the curse of being an avid reader, a movie nut, a gamer, or whatever else hobby you have. After a certain point, there is nothing new; just a hodge-podge of what you already experienced in one form or another. As such, I never recommend such people to put in their criticisms unless they're able to look at it from a new reader's perspective (easy to say, not easy to do). They're in a rut and don't know that most of the time and tend to take it out on other content.

Aggregator gang
@Angelonius except Scott Pilgrim is mostly a surreal/psychedelic comedy/parody that references pop culture. This is a realistic teen romance set withing its cultural bounds that deals with real issues without nosediving into excessive drama.

Ya know, I am liking this simply for the fact that the MC seems to be gaining confidence and growing as a person as the story progresses. Its refreshing as so many other stories have the MC basically never change or grow. I hope the trend continues...

Everyone is ripping into this way too damn hard. It's just a story about a girl who gets together with someone who actually cares more about her than just her body. Hell, it's nice and wholesome. You're putting way too much thought into this.

Dex-chan lover
Clickbait premise aside, shit gets solved too quickly, yet the characters barely go anywhere. Sister would have been nice to have around if she'd stuck to her guns for more than a chapter instead of instantly folding after that pathetic excuse for a counterargument. At least the main couple deserves each other, since they're both pathetic doormats.

Just come for the comment sections.

Tip: if you're concerned about NTR but at the same time curious about what path this story will take, put this on hold, wait till it's finished, then come back and check the comments or the tags on MU.

Even though I'm a cuck that has read hundreds of ntr, I feel like this one is going to hurt if it does ends up going that route.

Aggregator gang
@Angelonius except this manga does not have "I want to save this girl". He just loves her and accepts her the way she is. She is not making him jump through hoops like Ramona did to Scott. She also accepts him the way he is.

Does anyone other than me think the tutor that was Meguro's first is dead? I feel like he broke up with her cuz he was really sick or soemthing. I also think that playboy that became friends with the MC is also terminally ill.

Group Leader
WTF is this logic? "Your friend must really care about you if she's angry you're not going out with another guy that just wants your body"

Dex-chan lover
@TwilightFaze The only defense people have on this series is that 'omg idc about her being a virgin'

The MC isnt anything special

The girl barely has a personality and they keep highlighting the fact that she slept with dudes as her core 'feature'. Yeah nah.

Aggregator gang
@Freestyle: I TOTALLY get where you're coming from and let me start off by saying I'm not trying to change your mind about reading it/not reading it. I'm just giving a viewpoint.

The MC not being anything special is sort of the point. She's been with multiple guys, yeah, but he's a genuine person with his morals on straight, unlike the other guys she's been with who made it clear they were after her body, not so much her heart. So while he's nothing special to US, he's a complete 180 to the other guys, making him something special to HER.

If you read on, you'll find she does have a personality, she's just expressionless to the point of being cold. A "kuudere" is what her type is called (Ever read Suzumiya Haruhi? Another example is Yuki Nagato. If you like girls with personality, they don't get moreso than them!). The charm is when they break their emotionless face and smile or get upset or whatever else. Her sleeping around is not so much a core feature as it is the plot of the story: she's judged for it and only the MC seems to be able to look past it (not ignore it or think about it, just able to move past it and not think with his dick like the other guys in school). She knows she's judged for it and is finally learning how to let that go and learn to love, not make love, making this a pretty fluffy story, despite the background.

This is just my perception of it, though, so take it for what it's worth.

This manga is trying to prepare me for a future with my nonvirgin wife. As a virgin teen, I believe it is helping me straighten my mind and that first times aren't everything. Nice job.

Users who are viewing this thread