Meguro-san wa Hajimete ja Nai

Dex-chan lover
@mikegnesium Huh. That sounded rather like something to say--something offensive, but clearly not nothing. If you really have nothing to say to me, then by all means say nothing.

@kinosseur That's not how I read the scene at all. I think you are assigning malice where there is none.

No, it's not realistic to find someone this daft, but manga characters are rarely realistic and exaggerating flaws and working on them is where a lot of character development happens in series.
Let me explain Meguro's personality/character:

She is the pure distilled essence of non-plussed(chill) + has close to zero... ego? Not that she feels no self-worth or esteem, but that what other people think of her doesn't even register on a cognitive level. Sex isn't anything special, not in a slutty way, but literally like having sex/going to the zoo/seeing a movie are all the same level of mundane itinerary. All are equal ways to spend time in her eyes and it's making her BF happy and going out with someone is about making each other happy. (Except she has zero ego so she literally has no personal demands out of the relationship)

Once the boys of the school found out there was this girl who never said No to anything, they all started taking advantage of that to get laid. But once they lost their virginity and they got bored, they'd dump her. It says way more about how fucking rotten the boys were than anything about her, because obviously she's not right in the head on some level to be that passive. So I'm sure a bunch of them came up with all sorts of feigned date ideas then thought they were being sly getting her to go to the love hotel instead. Hence why she was like "Oh, you were serious." She accepts as matter-of-fact that literally every previous boyfriend was that way and that was just how relationships were.

In a way she feels like some Machine Learning AI terminal. Her only frame of reference for dating is it's about boys asking you to have sex, and lacking any other data points... well okay then. Anything you say to her that isn't a direct question or involves clarifying something about someone else, she just lets it go right in one ear and out the other without firing a single neuron.

He's gonna get cucked so hard, hope he grows a pair when that happens, otherwise it'll be quite a shitty experience. . .
Well, It'd be cool if he did so already, he's starting to get old with all the doubting and thinking she doesn't like him, she already said she likes him and why tf are you with someone who doesn't like you if you actually believe it?

Sorry if I'm too positive, but I can't bring this topic into serious matters like other members. Speechless because people think so critically.

The virgin theme is always raised but I'm sure the intent of the author is not that. This illustrates more through the perspective and condition of Meguro herself. This is not a dirty thing wrapped in a cute package like Midara na Ao-chan wa Benkyou ga Dekinai.

The focus is on how Meguro will open, change and experience something she has never experienced (date, not told to have sex, etc.). Where she is truly treated as a woman, respected, cherished and loved. No matter how clumsy Koga is, he will change Meguro's perspective and make her happy. As simple as that.

Contributor
This isn't seinen manga nor shounen manga, demographics have nothing to do with plot.
It's serialized in Palcy online magazine most of series a there is taged with shoujo
https://www.mangaupdates.com/publishers.html?pubname=Palcy

Dex-chan lover
He's not gonna get cucked. If you actually think that, maybe try understanding what you're actually reading.

Double-page supporter
Wait, no ecchi tag? Meaning no annoying overdone fanservice?
...Wow, guess I'll actually give this a read then.

@aereus
>she's not right in the head on some level to be that passive
yeah that's my point, that is the bigger issue than the whole virginity thing to me. The author could've written instead "Meguro-san can't say no" in the title and make here a virgin and it would be equally as annoying

Group Leader
@Aereus That is likely the most intelligent and accurate assessment of Meguro's character that I've read here. And this is particularly noteworthy: "It says way more about how fucking rotten the boys were than anything about her..." Instead of all the bad-mouthing of Meguro as a slut, etc., by all the self-appointed alpha males here in the comment sections of this series, wouldn't it be nice to at least have an equal number of comments bad-mouthing all the aholes who treated her like a sex toy?

Group Leader
So we have manga all about trying to trick NEETs into learning to cook, to talk to people, to clean house, and to work out.

Now we have one designed to make them stop expecting women to be virgins.

Anything to fix that birth rate, right?

@Aereus
Yes, but Zekkyou Gakyuu still alludes to teenagers' problems: about friendship, contention, betrayal and it is linked to a love problem.
Even for older shoujo, which are usually published in Dessert/Cookie magazine, there are daily conflicts but not too heavy.

But if I think again, it makes sense too. I have solid proof why shoujo can be critical at times. For example : Koizora. It's adult and tragedy manga, rape, getting pregnant, so many unrealistic drama.

Anyway, I still enjoy this. Why does anyone think this is annoying? I've read a lot of shoujo manga, in various forms, expressions and it's still normal, believe me. Because I'm more easily upset than those of you who think like that.

Dex-chan lover
@goronyanpai Because 'slut-shaming' a woman is how a lot of males make themselves feel better, since males are what the vast majority of these negative comments are coming from.

Dex-chan lover
Meguro reminds me a ton of Akane from Hot Gimmick (which is very much a classic shoujo). Her main ship was also with a dork and was by far the healthier one in that manga. This manga currently seems to be developing sweetly, and I'm loving Meguro slowly starting to speak up.

Users who are viewing this thread