Meguro-san wa Hajimete ja Nai

@Nermie01 Slut-shaming comes from other women as well. It's a problem with society overall. Maybe to a lesser degree with women vs. women, but even in business you find women being inferior internalized a lot. (Usually with the preface of "Just not me. I'm not one of THOSE women")

Dex-chan lover
@Aereus I get that, but in this particular instance, I can almost guarantee that the vast majority of complaints about this story are coming from the virgin-worshipping cult of males on this site who seem to believe that a woman having sexual relations with more than a single man in her life somehow makes her a slut... no matter how any of the males that she has been with have treated her.

@Nermie01 And water is wet. Otaku are always going to be that way. There are two factors at play: People like shaming and they love making snap-judgments. Sooo many times I've seen people hate on people because of snap-judgments making them blind to a full portrait of the character or understanding basic storytelling techniques.

I suggest ignoring the idiots and just read what you enjoy. Don't let them ruin that for you.

Dex-chan lover
I think slut-shaming is kind of a remnant of that reptilian part of the brain, where a woman could only bare one man's child at a time, and since I mean way back in caveman times, they were very possibly going to die in the process.

So there's an instinctual opposition to women who sleep around, because they're "not suitable".

Meguro is cute and Koga is very sweet, and I hope he gets some self esteem. That's my thoughts on this manga.

oh i also hope the author updates it more.

Power Uploader
Guess it shows that a low rating here doesnt mean the story is average, seen ultra trashy Isekai with higher ratings than this.

Amyways... I like it.. so added to my read list!

Seems like few here are suprised... but ppl actually have sex in their late teenyears (16+, think meguro is 18, said that in ch 1 i think). So.. really i dont get the negativity of some here. Guess its just some kind of envy.. insecurities makes ppl so negative about others.

>"Why are they shoving her non-virginity in our faces?"

IT'S THE WHOLE FUCKING PREMISE OF THE STORY

the whole point is subverting our expectations on how this type of character is played out in manga, and so far it's doing it pretty well. of course they're going to have scenarios where it's brought up that she's had sex, but it's done in a way to further development for her, the MC, and their relationship together.

Dex-chan lover
@JamzJamzJamz
Only that it isn't. There was no "subversion of our expectations" in how you put it, all that happened was that the mango said: "she had sex", and then it went ahead and completely ignored the subject and focused solely on the main couple's relationship.
Notice that most of the manga is about the main-guy fumbling about with his insecurities and awkward wants. Her past actions affect the story to an incredibly minor degree, to the point her "experience" is only rendered as a cheap topic of discussion, and as blatant click-bait.

Long story short, this is the last time I am commenting about her experience. It's as pointless as it ever was, and the author clearly used it as an incredibly cheap way to grab attention, which was not even necessary. This is a chill, easy to read, cutesy romance story about an awkward guy, who wants to know a kuudere better, who's hard to read.

Dex-chan lover
_anq doing what he does best again (this isn't a criticism) and this last chapter was a definite step in the right (or better?) direction with mc taking some initiative. That being said it felt like he went from 0 to 100 real quick. Thanks for the release.

Dex-chan lover
Despite this getting review bombed, i think it does actually deserve a 7ish or so.
Both characters have no real redeeming qualities; the MC is just a boring typical shounen romance main character, he only began to like the girl because he thought she was cute when he first met her so nothing deep or substantial going on there. The girl is the opposite of emotive, which in itself could be a interesting as a character flaw through which her redeeming features are shown but it seems to be the only attribute shown for her so far. And then there's the fact that the central theme is that she's not a virgin, which could be a refreshing central conflict of sorts seeing as 99% of heroines are explicitly virgins for some reason, but the majority of the time it's only brought up in the MC's inner monologue where he thinks about it every chapter, and then dismisses it in the next thought. It was brought up once in a classroom scene where she's called a slut and whatnot, but the conflict in that scene was mostly the MC's inner turmoil over how he wanted to defend his girlfriend. And because he's a typical MC he just sat in the corner and thought about it for a while and the conflict was resolved with the girl coming in to invite him out. No development of the characters in sight so far, the characters backstories and personalities are pretty bland, the dialogue between the two is bland, the events so far have been bland, hopefully this is just a set up for something with substance in the future because this barely borders on empty fluff right now. End rant.
All in all, good art, interesting premise for fluffy romance, but no real delivery or interesting characters/development. Very deserving of 7/10, maybe lower but it's still early.

Aggregator gang
@pants: You're not wrong, but I also think you judged a bit too harshly. For one,
the MC revealed he liked her not just because she was cute, but that she treated him kindly despite everyone else treating him. He's definitely not interested in her virgin-less status, but is aware it's a thing and is trying to not fall under the category of going after her body like the other males think in this manga. Other than that, you're not wrong he's the typical nervous wreck (identifiable for me since I also had a cuh-RAPPY high school life as the bullied nerd/outcast) usually found in a manga MC but at least he tries and takes initiative.

I also feel that judging it based on "no delivery/plot" is unfair since this is categorized as a Slice of Life manga. Some people don't know this, but SoL manga never focus on plot or character development. They typically focus on character interactions in various scenarios. Development usually takes a back seat and does so at the mangaka's leisure, never ours.

That being said, I agree this deserves a 7/10, but no high than an 8. If this was a non-SoL manga, I can see it lowering to a 6.

@pants 7 is "good," but what you just described would go under "uninteresting." You described a 5 or a 6.
I completely understand the rating going down from where it is now if your assessment is on the mark.

Edit: After reading it, I wouldn't say it has no plot or character development though. It's just slower than most and doesn't force it down your throat. Even at this point it's a ton more than I expected after reading the comments.

Users who are viewing this thread