Meiou-sama ga Tooru no desu yo! - Ch. 13

Ish! This plot (today) was just so stupid, I dont know but its like another person was writing this. aaaaaaaa what a load...

Double-page supporter
thanks for the chapter! hoping that the next chapter will be up soon.

Dex-chan lover
Spoiler from a (quite important) Miko far, far in the future:

No, the current Church knew. There were priests in the council arguing not to piss off Shu, they were just shouted down by the other power/glory-hungry Priests. The power-dyamics/internal-politics of the Church were desribed at length in the WN.

Even the greatest Miko of all time (and the last Miko, coincidentally) could do nothing against this bloodthirsty Church's stupidity.

Her foresight power wasn't "misinterpretable" like the Prophecy Miko here. Or subsequent Mikos who had future-telling power like "paintings", "poems", "music", "intuition", or "tarot cards" in the hundreds of years between then and her birth. The last Miko's powers were literal bidirectional time-stream knowledge, and hypothetical future viewing. And she saw all futures leading to ruin, thanks to the Church's arrogance no matter what she said or did.

Couldn't fight Shu or win (or other "Demon Kings" [sic: Shu/Hawkeye's plan to let Church become arrogant and destroy itself]). Couldn't run away (and survive). Couldn't stay (to stop the Church). All futures Church running head-first to ruin.

As a result she became incredibly despondent, didn't do anything, and didn't foretell any futures to the Church when they came to her (prison-like) room and asked. Always saying "It's meaningless."

In the end, the only path she saw where she could survive (along with some of humanity), was one where she slaved for the Church, until faking her own death, and running away/hiding (with a few crew survivors) in Laputa-esque warship above the clouds, while the world SCP-XK'ed itself with "Giant Warrior" taboo weapons, causing epoch-long nuclear winter.

So no. They knew the meaning of the "wooden door", and either (a) refused to, or (b) were psychologically incapable, of accepting it. Just as the author capstones with the Final Miko princess.
The novel sounds fun to read. In it goes to my High-priority backlog :pepehmm:

Dex-chan lover
I've read the (raw) WN pretty far, it goes way, way beyond this arc. I'll summarize themes briefly and say the over-arching theme is: "All of it is due to the arrogance and stupidity of humanity."

And I mean MASSIVE timescales and character set changes.

I suspect this manga will only cover this first "Demon King Prophecy arc" -- which goes pretty far along by itself. A hundred chapters or so. But the "Holy Kingdom arc" itself goes multiple hundred. Then it goes off into other arcs.
  • Series is fairly brutal, in that Shu really doesn't care about anyone but Iris.
  • If anything, Iris is (or Shu's reflection of himself in her is) Shu's moral conscience.
I will say Iris' character is the comedic relief. Some of her deep-lore is expanded on far, far further on. The photo of her parents is foreshadowing, as what happened to her parents is actually important. (Both to Shu in domino-fashion, and lore-wise.)

And super-duper mega spoilers, that may relieve anxiety for people here (and describes events up to 500+ chapters in):

• Shu already accepted responsibility for Iris -- right here. If he had a mission in life, it was to "experiment to develop his powers in order to survive". Now it's that, and "protect and fulfill Iris". Those are literally his character motivations for rest of novel, which is still ongoing.
  • Iris is already immortal, due to her (Spoiler: chrono-, not regenerative-!) powers. And this incident -- the Church betraying her for their foolish ego -- causes her to agree to finally divorce herself from humanity. (Cue massive time-skips and era-scale arcs.)
  • Iris and Shu do eventually get ""married"". Or as close to it as a Human and Death Spirit++ can. (No Snu-Snu.) They already walk together as immortals. But he eventually (300+ chapters in) finally accepts her to "fulfill her emotional need" for a partner. (i.e. Shu has no more feigned resistance when she presents herself as "queen" in the Fairy Island Kingdom he becomes savior "king" of.)
  • They eventually have a daughter (400+ chapters in), artificially created by Shu in a mixing experiment since they are different species. Super-cute, inherits mostly from Iris, mischievousness and kindness. Nature-spirit girl who, (as an experiment by Shu to develop human morals [and instill the stupidity of humans] + Iris' pleading to save innocent peaceful villagers,) becomes guardian farming deity of a village having crop failures.
    • Spoiler: the kingdom the village is in betrays her, (just like Mom who was trying to teach her about humans,) causing her to run home crying to Iris. And she hides in her room scared of humans for a couple hundred years. :meguuusad:
    • Fun fact: Shu "created a soul" when he made his daughter. Pretty much attracting the attention of the REAL in-world materialized god "El Magia". (He's literally Lucifer, and is a barrel of monkeys. Deserves a few paragraphs himself.)
    • El Magia approves of Shu's creation of his daughter and doesn't mind -- because he finds the whole thing interesting -- but warns Shu to cut it out, and stop his treading on his domain (experimenting in that direction).
  • Overall fun story. VERY long. But I disliked the arcs where it goes off into the stupidity of side protagonists that kill themselves. Institutional and incurable stupidity of humans is pretty much a given in this novel.
Thanks for telling all this. Time to drop this series

I've read the (raw) WN pretty far, it goes way, way beyond this arc. I'll summarize themes briefly and say the over-arching theme is: "All of it is due to the arrogance and stupidity of humanity."

And I mean MASSIVE timescales and character set changes.

I suspect this manga will only cover this first "Demon King Prophecy arc" -- which goes pretty far along by itself. A hundred chapters or so. But the "Holy Kingdom arc" itself goes multiple hundred. Then it goes off into other arcs.
  • Series is fairly brutal, in that Shu really doesn't care about anyone but Iris.
  • If anything, Iris is (or Shu's reflection of himself in her is) Shu's moral conscience.
I will say Iris' character is the comedic relief. Some of her deep-lore is expanded on far, far further on. The photo of her parents is foreshadowing, as what happened to her parents is actually important. (Both to Shu in domino-fashion, and lore-wise.)

And super-duper mega spoilers, that may relieve anxiety for people here (and describes events up to 500+ chapters in):

• Shu already accepted responsibility for Iris -- right here. If he had a mission in life, it was to "experiment to develop his powers in order to survive". Now it's that, and "protect and fulfill Iris". Those are literally his character motivations for rest of novel, which is still ongoing.
  • Iris is already immortal, due to her (Spoiler: chrono-, not regenerative-!) powers. And this incident -- the Church betraying her for their foolish ego -- causes her to agree to finally divorce herself from humanity. (Cue massive time-skips and era-scale arcs.)
  • Iris and Shu do eventually get ""married"". Or as close to it as a Human and Death Spirit++ can. (No Snu-Snu.) They already walk together as immortals. But he eventually (300+ chapters in) finally accepts her to "fulfill her emotional need" for a partner. (i.e. Shu has no more feigned resistance when she presents herself as "queen" in the Fairy Island Kingdom he becomes savior "king" of.)
  • They eventually have a daughter (400+ chapters in), artificially created by Shu in a mixing experiment since they are different species. Super-cute, inherits mostly from Iris, mischievousness and kindness. Nature-spirit girl who, (as an experiment by Shu to develop human morals [and instill the stupidity of humans] + Iris' pleading to save innocent peaceful villagers,) becomes guardian farming deity of a village having crop failures.
    • Spoiler: the kingdom the village is in betrays her, (just like Mom who was trying to teach her about humans,) causing her to run home crying to Iris. And she hides in her room scared of humans for a couple hundred years. :meguuusad:
    • Fun fact: Shu "created a soul" when he made his daughter. Pretty much attracting the attention of the REAL in-world materialized god "El Magia". (He's literally Lucifer, and is a barrel of monkeys. Deserves a few paragraphs himself.)
    • El Magia approves of Shu's creation of his daughter and doesn't mind -- because he finds the whole thing interesting -- but warns Shu to cut it out, and stop his treading on his domain (experimenting in that direction).
  • Overall fun story. VERY long. But I disliked the arcs where it goes off into the stupidity of side protagonists that kill themselves. Institutional and incurable stupidity of humans is pretty much a given in this novel.
Thanks mate. Personally I think this series is dope and reading your reply made my opinion even more right.
At first it felt strange how long the timeskips were, but it made sense considering that he is immortal and that we are supposed to read it from his perspective and not humans.

Honestly, I feel like the stupidity of humans isnt limited to this manga but even real life, especially if this is set in a past time period and not modern. This isnt even a pessimist view from me, its just how it is. Majority of the world follows religions. I dont know what Abrahamic religions you guys follow, but I do hear that demons must be exterminated no matter what, and that bargaining with demons is blasphemy. No different in this manga really

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
You expect her to know how to reason her way through the ones who refuse to think and talk?
This might be hard to grasp but returning there at all was the stupid part. Anyone with some sense would have been able to see that and anything that happened after was just idiot seasoning.

Aggregator gang
This might be hard to grasp but returning there at all was the stupid part. Anyone with some sense would have been able to see that and anything that happened after was just idiot seasoning.
What I meant is that she was raised and educated in an environment with people who refuse to think and reason. Even if she didn't grow up to be like them, she's not going to be able to have the ability to reason her way to such conclusion in the first place.

Education affects how you think and process information a lot, my man. And it's not pretty for the odd one out of a bunch of non-reasoning folks.

Users who are viewing this thread