Miageru to Kimi wa

Dex-chan lover
@tseng your words hurt me so much - just found this precious manga with awesome art work, and not only last update was 2 month ago which already hurt me, but now I found out that it was probably axed and ending is... well, not really even the ending... 😭

Definately more of a shoujo manga. just because it runs in a seinen mag doesn't mean it's seinen. series have been ran in the -wrong- magazine before. and gotten axed for it. like Mx0!

quite disappointing ending. heck even a rwo page summary would have been nice :(
marked as spoiler even though it's just an example.
"she went to NY, he followed, they lived happily and had two kids, FIN"
but nah, nothing. leaves you hanging with an open ending. so much unanswered.

besides the lackluster ending I really enjoyed the art and the overall pacing. also no huge drama like cheating or the like which is a big plus!

Fed-Kun's army
People don't know what shoujo and seinen mean and say dumb stuff like "it ran in the wrong magazine" and it shows.

isn't shoujo just manga targeted at female teenager and seinen is targeted at young adult male ? it doesn't really "ran in the wrong magazine", can't adult male enjoy a good romance?

shoujo manga are somewhat "dreamy" and dramatic, while this one is pretty grounded and has no big drama or trouble twists like cheating or big misunderstanding.

Dex-chan lover
I'd give the ending 7 out of 10, were it not for the decapitation.

Fed-Kun's army
Good premise and enjoyable characters (at least the two mains), but the horrible bait and switch ending ruined it all.

5/10

This is my spoiler review about Miageru to Kimi wa. I posted this in the last chapter, but thought I'd post it here too. The text following the spoiler button is not marked as a spoiler because it's spoiler-free, so no worries!
I mentioned this before, but chapters 25 and 26 really felt like the ending of this manga for me, and I know I'm not alone on that. There was something about the dialogue between the MCs and the build up to the final moments of the festival that just really had a note of finality to it. And after reading these last few chapters, I think that feeling has only been cemented within me. Everything that happened in chapters 27-33 (besides the time skip chp. 33) felt like it should have happened before the climax of this series rather than being its climax, falling action, and ending like it was.
The conversation about Takamine's past, the possibility of Takamine being a professional musician in America, the resolution between Tachibana and Yuuki, and the romantic development between Yuuki and Takamine (which, let's be real, wasn't much of a development), all felt like they should have been given more time to be explored. Unfortunately, each moment felt rushed and/or looked over in some ways, which really made these last few chapters feel more like interconnected one shots to the story, and not like the actual plot of the story itself.
In the end, despite my opinion, I still liked this manga and its characters. I'll probably reread it a few times, and I do think it's worth a read for anyone interested in it. But, as sad as it is to say, it's definitely one of those stories that I'll always remember as having "had great potential but failed in the end to reach it in full".

MD@Home
Hmm, IDK about other people but I surely enjoyed this manga... like quite a bit, didn't even notice I was already at the end at the last chapter x.x sadly! Also, I can't say it was a bad ending or that it felt like a cliffhanger? I thought it ended on a good note, even though it opened up more possibilities
with the thing about Takamine considering taking the New York offer
, but it came full circle with the beginning of the manga where
Takamine says she had a feeling that they would be in the same class next year.
IDK that it was axed or something but I thought if it was the author did a great job tying the end there, it's like I was more along for the adventure than the one actively seeking it? Not sure if that makes sense XD anyway, I consider this a pretty unique work and would put it in high regards so... gonna rate it a masterpiece, bite me >.>

EDIT: Forgot to mention the Seinen thing that people are commenting about... I am a Seinen, I liked it, can't say it was published in the wrong magazine nor does it read like a Shoujo much... it has elements of Shoujo for sure but it felt more like a Slice of Life that had a bit of Shoujo sprinkled in.

The author did great job there is a subtle ending touch to it it certainly did feel like a cliff hanger but I did like it that way I was hoping for bit more skin ship but we'll 😅

This series had a fun premise and I enjoyed the dynamic and the artwork but it really just felt...boring, I guess. There were points of drama brought up but they nearly immediately passed, which I don't mind, but even the undramatic parts were plain as white bread. The romance left a lot to be desired. I wish I could write more but the series is so forgettable.

They held hands once.................. ONCE

This is the first manga in a while where I genuinely feel ripped off.

Users who are viewing this thread