Miao Shou Xian Dan

This protagonist is abusolutely cute! I just hope in the future her innocence won't break too much

kuu, so good. if it can keep this up, this will be one of my favorites. The MC is great. I like how she kept her basic energetic and optimistic self after what happened to her. So damn loveable.

Thanks for everyone working on this gem !

Fed-Kun's army
@Purplelibraryguy That is one reason I mostly avoid cultivation stories because often even I consider even the Main characters trash high on their power. (This one seems to be a nice person which is refreshing.)

The comment after the comic is what I wonder too why is nobody caring about her super strength before even cultivating.

Group Leader
Can a contributor add the webtoon tag?
I was a GL for my own personal group, but when I added the Webtoon tag once, some admin removed it and deleted my group.

All I can say is: Well shit.

Contributor
While this is a webcomic, cursory glances at the material, both translated and raws, show it is not styled like a typical webtoon meant to be read in one long scrolling panel, but rather panel by panel and page by page.

Thankfully Mangadex settings allow the option to switch from 'single page' to 'long strip' reading at the top of the chapter. ♥

Aggregator gang
Guys, I think I found her.. My first true Waifu. Genki girl that is kind, intelligent, and smart at the same time! ? ....... So, what do I get for my initiation to the waifu club?

Group Leader
While this is a webcomic, cursory glances at the material, both translated and raws, show it is not styled like a typical webtoon meant to be read in one long scrolling panel, but rather panel by panel and page by page.
Just because it's not styled the same way doesn't mean it's no longer a webcomic. Is Konosuba no longer an isekai manga/anime? Is Shakespeare no longer literature?

Dex-chan lover
@Ibri: So there's a whole genre of these things? Like, a whole genre where they specifically call it "cultivation" as opposed to any other flavour of superpowered martial arts? Is it a specifically Chinese thing?
. . . Why "cultivation" anyway? They sound like farmers.

@Purplelibraryguy: Cultivation is the magic system commonly used in a few genres of Chinese fiction. These include xianxia which this story looks to be an example of

Fed-Kun's army
It is an taoist concept according to wikipedia, don't know why it is called this I guess the process of collecting more QI and refining it to a higher level is called cultivation.

And yes as Gingerwyrm said it is a chinese genre (though the cradle, a work from a western author, is the only one I can remember that I really like) typically involving advancement stages (and the more powerful the longer they live), techniques to cultivate your QI in addition to fiighting techniques, alchemical potions made out of hard to get stuff that speeds up your progress and so on.

Dex-chan lover
Thanks guys.
I have this weird feeling that although monster boy is dangerous right now, in the longer term he's going to be an ambiguous figure at worst and in the end kinda be on our heroine's side. Like, they're all kind of 'outsiders' together, you know? And he gets more character development space than a typical villain.

Fed-Kun's army
Plus the way he was kind of friendly when they meet before she decided to climb the mountain. Considering to lend her the money (but not warning her about climbing) doesn't exactly make him a good person what with him being a tad murderous but it indicates he is supposed to be kind of ambiguous. His bad side doesn't seem to presented in the same way as stories present the evil deeds of villains to make readers dislike him as villain. Though that might just be my perception because it is not the first character like that I see in a story.

A chinese cultivation manhua where the protagonist isn't an arrogant brat?! Inconceivable!

Users who are viewing this thread