Mieruko-chan - Ch. 57

Dex-chan lover
i think it's clearly what the author want to do with seto "i'm the judge, i'm the hammer" sorta thing while romm so far always have better judgement than anyone else.
the shrine arc prove that romm was right all along but he's too weak to do anything at the time and all other incident he accurately tell which ghost are evil which aren't, how the forest spirit are there to protect and the old man are really really dangerous.
the Station scene prob kinda want to nailed on which ideology they're standing on

the theory of the longer they stays the corrupted they are became is something i was thinking about for a while but the hospital mini-arc kinda debunk this theory.
the mother and daughter passed away early on the dad's life, so they are lingering around atleast for 20 years or so. i think some are easily corrupted if they are evil from the very first but the good people are remained intact until their business are over.
oh yeah, the bald cat lover wife also stay with him uncorrupted, i think only the shrine maiden are succumb to evil even though she's seems like a good person because the circumstance of her death are unethical at best

there's so many stuff to theorize, mieruko and kaya honestly one of fav horror that still ongoing im looking forward for their new chapter release
wait what other good horror manga are you talking about? i look for Kaya but found nothing, say the full name of the manga bro!

Dex-chan lover
So its gonna be like that huh.

At the end of the day Miko is going to talk no jutsu Seto.

Or Seto gonna get stomped and say Miko is right.

Or Miko’s dad protecting his family will open his mind.
Maybe just like the homeroom teacher EVERYTHING IS A BIG MISUNDERSTANDING.

Dex-chan lover
Shadow spirit money gang, we love fucking up spirits
Xcflz9p.png

Man's drip goes hard, feel free to screenshot

Dex-chan lover
I hope Rom at least succeed on pitting Seto against the Creepy Fat Man who had been threatening his life. After all, that’s the reason Rom came to look for his help.
Seto had been changing the subject to Miko and the mountain seal.
Worth remembering that he only looks like a Creepy Fat Man to Miko. Rom implied that it looked completely different to him.

Dex-chan lover
Worth remembering that he only looks like a Creepy Fat Man to Miko. Rom implied that it looked completely different to him.
I see. Miko sees the death version of the souls, while Rom sees the more human version of them, and the weaker girl, Miko's schoolmate, sees aura only, but BOTH HUMAN AND GHOSTS - gray for weaker ghost, golden light from Hana.

So ... each of them sees the ghosts in a different manner.

Dex-chan lover
Man , its not enough that Miko is dealing with the grim reaper guy and now she has Yakuza like medium guy on his tail too?

Though if we're following the usual formula this is probably just a misunderstanding, as it happened with the teacher , romm too. And the yakuza guy is genuinely wanting to help or maybe just curious about her
Thanks for the chapter by the way

Dex-chan lover
I'm calling it. He's gonna play bad cop. But in the end he's gonna be a doting Granpa for Pudding princess.

But.....

Buuuut..

He's gonna die saving her.

Nice Exit 8 reference.

Another chapter, another Wall of Text.
Hai, it's me, the Voice of the Contrarian.
I won't be quotting post by post because it would take forever and would make the comment even bigger, so I'll just quote some general ideas I have seem a lot in this comment section:
Miko's father and the horse
First of all, I'll once again say that I highly doubt Miko's father had any kind of powers before his death (or after), or that the horse is anything more than a random ghost that took a liking to Miko's father and thus protects him, and only him;
"Why Miko doesn't try talking to her father?"
At least one other person mentioned it already, but even if she knows her dad isn't going to attack her, she sure as hell won't be trusting the horse anytime soon;
"Seto-san says he's on humanity's side but have shadow people around him!"
Ever heard of "Fighting Fire with Fire"? Again, we still don't know if they are some kind of Shikigami or something, but his MIB underlings are obviously useful, only a fool would get rid of them just to "show which side he's in";
Seto-san point of view
Have seen quite a few people saying that he's right, which sure, ghosts obviously don't belong in the living world, but there are ways and ways of doing things, it may or may not apply to this story, but in Ghost Hunt, Masako mentions how there are 2 ways of exorcising ghosts: Help them to move on, or essentially destroy them (which to her, who was always able to see ghosts, destroying them equated to murder). Which's to say, destroy them is cruel. Of course, there are many that are too far gone and that would be the only way, but that's no way to deal with a frightened child.
Now, what he said can be interpreted as an implication that in the past he used to make sure a ghost was malicious before destroying them, but after many many years in the business, he got tired or something, and decided to take the "easy path" of just destroying them all without concern, and no matter how right he is in the grand scheme of things, he's still causing unnecessary suffering to non-malicious ghosts (and possibly erasing them from existence), and that distinction will (probably) put him in the "wrong side";
Side note: Saw that some tried to advocate for the child by saying that "the harm she did to Seto-san's co-worker was unintentional", but let's not overlook that considering what Seto said, he doesn't actually know if she was even the culprit, he just destroyed her because she was there.
The nature of Ghosts
Again, some others already explained it, but what influences a ghost's appearance is emotion + time, all ghosts will get corrupted with time, that's because they eventually forget why they are there (a.k.a. purpose), and even who they are (identity), that with being susceptible to the emotions around them, specially negative ones, and you end up with inhuman monstrosities (needless to say, if you were already evil in life, becoming a moster in death becomes even quicker). On the other end of things, there are those we have seen that are just waiting and watching over their loved ones, so in their case they have a clear and strong purpose and a strong emotion that serves as an anchor for their sense of self.
Some notable mentions I have seem in a couple of comments:
The boy that was evil but seemed like a normal boy. In his case, it probably hasn't been long since his death, but he was increasingly swallowed by a sense of abandonment, which made him "evil" (mostly liked wanting people to suffer because he's suffering) before corrupting his form, but that would eventually still happen (if I remember correctly, his arms become pretty long when he's about to attack, so it was already happening);
The ghost guy in the train that hunts other ghosts. Of course I can't go and say that I have a perfect explanation for that one, but there's two easy hypothesis, 1. He died because of ghost, and now has a grudge on other ghosts, hence why he hunts them; or 2. He was some kind of vigilante in life, and after death, despite the corruption of time, his sense of duty is still strong enough to keep him hunting for "evil".

Like last time, I'm sure there was more to say, but I forgot, plus, I already rambled enough.
The explanation of ghost's nature may not be the best and possibly even confusing, if that end up being the case, I apologise.

Either way, Wall of Text, over.

Users who are viewing this thread