Mieruko-chan - Vol. 10 Ch. 52

Dex-chan lover
I wish there were some connoisseur about the paranormal and medium stuff that could enlighten us as to what exactly did he do. If there is a deep meaning or reference to something that "real" mediums do, or a folklore japanese story.
Some stuff yes, what he wanted to achieve was to investigate with what type of spirit he is dealing with.

1) The metronome is used to signal the disturbance of reality or entering the spirit world. (It is just like during the dream you want to catch the inconsistency in reality).

The other things are a mixture of a lot of different practices and I can be wrong so take it with a grain of salt.

1) The flower - again check for power interactions or as a proxy to not harm him. Bad things = wilting = bad influences

2) Candles - probably made from either different color or material, they are used for checking spirit affinity.

3) Him checking colors is for aura checking, same as with candles

4) Mantis legs etc. - common reagents that have "dark" affinity. Basically summoning ingredients.

5) Mirrors - Used either for summoning or as a mind transfer medium. Often used in occult practice or Magick. What we saw latter is that something wanted to came out from it and he sealed it with his blood. He sealed the left one as the spray was more attracted to the left mirror, the more powerful energy.

Him cutting his hand and covering his face is used as a repellant. I would say this is kinda confusing as in European practises usually you use blood or any other human material as an attractant not a repellant. You could use it to pact, summon, or attract the ghost to some distant from your place. More understandable is him trying not to look at the spirit. You should never look at especially "bad"(well there is nothing like that in our way or thing but you know what I meant) spirit directly or follow his orders. Ignored they usually lose interest.

His tattoo burning again proxy to not directly harm him.

Dex-chan lover
That stuff with Romm was pretty scary. I also can't wait to see what Michiru wants to talk about. It feels like they set it up to look threatening but it's actually going to turn out to be awkward and sweet. Miko on the other hand is on You's radar and I'm sort of worried for her.

Dex-chan lover
She just brings a different caterpillar every time the one Michiru has goes missing, doesn't she?
I was more under the impression that she's the one who hides the caterpillar in the first place, so that she can "find" it later and seem like she's helping her sister. "Engineered Heroics" as it's called on TV Tropes.

Dex-chan lover
She just brings a different caterpillar every time the one Michiru has goes missing, doesn't she?

And considering the cliffhanger, either Michiru is gonna ask how to get closer to Miko like Hana is and use the pen to actually write notes, or outright ask her how she can confess to Miko.
Yeah no I was thinking the same, especially after the bun bait and switch making us think that Michiru had tied Hana up or something.

I'm fully betting in Michiru asking Hana how to get closer to Miko and all her creepy affectations turn out to have been Michiru being really nervous because she's kind obviously not had the chance to socialize with people given how possessive her sister acts.

Dex-chan lover
This was such a masterclass of horror. It reminded me that I've really been sleeping on that genre, it's insane how brilliant it can be. In hindsight, the scariest thing about the séance at the start that almost cost Romm his life is that it happened to a prodigy and a pro, out of nowhere. So it makes in comparison Miko and Hana's predicaments with the sisters even more dangerous because they have no idea what they're dealing with.

Dex-chan lover
Man idk, I had feeling Michiru's sister is just another Zen-sensei. That one panel showing hand with bloody pen, I'm sure its Michiru's. Perhaps she jealous and trying to attack her friend.
But that ghost which mimic her sister voice is kinda creepy tho

Dex-chan lover
That last ghost in the end be lyke
im-in-dange-the-simpsons.gif

On a serious note, holy shit Romms so badass to clutch such a close call. Got me seriously wandering, what are each of those for. Weve seen how he used the stones for prep. but weve never seen him hand marking one of those mirror with blood. And Im hard guessing he used his blood to not only sort of gag himself and covering his mouth preventing him to speak but also distracting his nose from otherworldly smell (?) While covering his eyes preventing him from seeing something otherworldly, but still leaving his ears open to receive and process enough info when the danger passed like when the metronome started ticking again. Very intense moment!

This also got me wandering if he got that wound or scar (?) On the side of his belly and arm before or after the clutch. Im guessing theyre from after

Thanks for the sl!
Reminds of various psychological contaminate SCP stories.

4 FUCKING PIXELS?

Users who are viewing this thread