Mieruko-chan - Vol. 10 Ch. 54

Dex-chan lover
Dang I finally caught up with this (read in a day), a lot happened and very nice changes. Calling this ghost the Death may not be far off considering he goes around carrying a Sickle, probably something that can even possess photos.

I’m also expecting the yuri to be less about overtones now that Michiru is part of the friend group. tall creepy Yandere discovering friendship for the first time (and Julia is just tagging along). Her tentacles probably came from the caterpillars.

I noticed not that many chapters have come out recently. Is there any pattern or are the releases just random?

Looking forward to the next chapter… probably next year considering how slow it‘s been

Dex-chan lover
I am very glad this is not a shonen. that. explain. every. single. detail. every. step. of. the. way.
It's less about "what her powers are and what she can do about it" and more of "Ok, so she has this. What is she going to do about it". I do enjoy stories that leaves some things in the vague but at this point Mieruko's own motivation is also vague. Like, if you see this series as a whole you'll see how this series is villain-of-the-week-y and there's zero real growth from Mieruko herself within every arc.

Even with the long ass shrine arc, she's practically still the person she was in the first chapter. She (and consequently this story) is going nowhere quickly.

Dex-chan lover
I don’t think it fits the story progression though. If it was Death itself, nothing could really be done against it, and I doubt this manga is gonna end with Miko dying. This feels more like a spirit with a strong grudge against her family or something, the sickle could easily be a red herring (and we know the author LOVES red herrings). I think the key here is the fact that her dad hasn’t moved on yet, which means that he knows what targeted him will go after his family. If he had been killed by Death itself, he would have no reason to stay since Death wouldn’t be after his family specifically.

Sorry for being so long-winded :worry:
It's just a popular theory. I'm personally not entirely convinced either, but I do see the reason behind it. Although instead of the western "grim reaper", I'd say he could perhaps be a shinigami.
Miko's father and his weird dog are one of the biggest and most intriguing mysteries of the story for sure, along with the still unknown origins of Miko's powers.
Mangas like this one are really fun to discuss, make conjectures and try to predict plot lines. And then be completely surprised by the author, pulling an unexpected move once again.

Last edited:
Double-page supporter
It's less about "what her powers are and what she can do about it" and more of "Ok, so she has this. What is she going to do about it". I do enjoy stories that leaves some things in the vague but at this point Mieruko's own motivation is also vague. Like, if you see this series as a whole you'll see how this series is villain-of-the-week-y and there's zero real growth from Mieruko herself within every arc.

Even with the long ass shrine arc, she's practically still the person she was in the first chapter. She (and consequently this story) is going nowhere quickly.
Another point that for you is missing, but for me instead, i am really really glad this is not a power-up shounen either.

The end of last chapter and the first half of this one were SO WHOLESOME AND BEAUTIFULLLL. well worth the long wait. The author is finally getting back to some serious scary ghosts... Michiru's business for sure kept me anxious but im feeling this next one will be as horrifying as that strange eldridge thing from the shrine.

Even with the long ass shrine arc, she's practically still the person she was in the first chapter. She (and consequently this story) is going I always felt this story was about helping others

I've for some time felt this manga of this type are more about friendship and love than forward movement. This can cause stagnation and as a fan who came here from the anime I for sure feel that this story moves at a snails pace. Bc of how calm it can be and so suddenly cause enough anxiety and excitement to FEEL like a shonen power up or a long awaited romance reaching closure I think it can still retain a patient audience.

Looking forward to the next chapter… probably next year considering how slow it‘s been
FACTS. Augh the wait was worth it for this one but I came here from the anime like 2yrs ago and I think I was caught up within an hr and we've moved ONE short arc since then lol

Dang I finally caught up with this (read in a day), a lot happened and very nice changes. Calling this ghost the Death may not be far off considering he goes around carrying a Sickle, probably something that can even possess photos.

I’m also expecting the yuri to be less about overtones now that Michiru is part of the friend group. tall creepy Yandere discovering friendship for the first time (and Julia is just tagging along). Her tentacles probably came from the caterpillars.

I noticed not that many chapters have come out recently. Is there any pattern or are the releases just random?
You may have already got an answer but I've been loyally checking every week for about 2yrs now and it's schedule is maybe every 2mo but kinda just whenever LOL. If you haven't seen the anime, you'll love it. Give it a shot and pray they convince the author to give them more content for a 2nd season hehe

Dex-chan lover
Hana continues to be wholesomely OP. Lmao @ Romm's Youtube shillings. I'm excited for the next arc!

Dex-chan lover
I've for some time felt this manga of this type are more about friendship and love than forward movement. This can cause stagnation and as a fan who came here from the anime I for sure feel that this story moves at a snails pace. Bc of how calm it can be and so suddenly cause enough anxiety and excitement to FEEL like a shonen power up or a long awaited romance reaching closure I think it can still retain a patient audience.
I get what you mean, but if that is the case then there is exactly zero reason for Granny or Romm to even exist. those 2 characters would just be a rusty chekov gun where the mangaka would die of back pain before he even think about getting a character to fire it.
Idk, I just feel like this manga is a nothingburger that presents itself as more than what it is. A bit frustrating to read.

Not me reading this new chapter at night thinking it's only a happy conclusion to this arc with no creepy shit will keep me from sleeping💀

Users who are viewing this thread