Mieruko-chan - Vol. 2 Ch. 15

BCS

Dex-chan lover
little bro, fanservice, lore and piss

great chapter

Dex-chan lover
The one sure thing is that the author is succeeding in being ambiguous enough in the presentation.

Double-page supporter
To me, it felt like that Axe Ghost was looking for other ghosts, not just trying to kill people or steal souls from the living. The way he says "Found you" seems like he was searching for certain kinds of things in particular and not just killing what comes across him. My guess is that he takes other spirits and that sleeping girl either was being haunted/possessed or maybe the spirit (because they can pass through the living) was showing some semblance of self-preservation and critical thinking and had tried to hide inside of her (literally sitting in her exact form to hide itself or just hiding in her body through possession) to escape the Axe Ghost.

Why he was collecting the spirits? Who knows. Maybe he is benevolent and trying to help the living like a god does? Maybe he is just trying to get stronger by 'eating' like the one that was following around Hana and the Drum Girl?

Dex-chan lover
I think his axe already through Miko.
Page 18, look at his hand/axe handle position.
Page 19, the axe illustrated like it's moving OUT.

But yeah, IT NOTICE HER (or maybe notice she's under protection of mountain bell shrine)

Edit: Interesting theory from mr nobody!
Hmm, my two cents are
1. The deformed spirit is spirit that has grudge or have something left unresolved.
2. Miko's dad and cat guy's wife most likely accept their death sincerely thus can retain their sanity/real image.
3. The spirit that eat another spirit near MD alley... I thought it's a... last gate for spirit. Maybe the 'went to heaven' things.... I thought it's literary eating spirit like the legendary antagonist of chapter 11 the kimono man, but the eater did not change... didn't it...?
4. I can't explain why the grotesque 'god'. But the ugly or beautiful face we see is from human standard. Maybe that is the spirit standard.

Dex-chan lover
There should be good ghosts out there, sometimes vengeful spirits have a purpose beyond simple violence.

Dex-chan lover
@givemersspls the axe spirit pulled out a spirit that was possessing that woman. Possession would effect your emotions and actions thus meaning that they can harm you. Another thing is that they can probably sap up your luck if they're powerful enough. An example would be the god of the shrine from earlier, people pray to these deities for luck etc. So they're probably able to effect the living.

Aggregator gang
Nerve of steel, or to say perfect Poker face.....This is literally what it's like if you get a gun point to your head and you hear the shot, even if it's blank or something....

Dex-chan lover
@panino
Not all ghosts are evil, we already know that, right?
No, we don't; we just know that some ghost prefer to predate other ghost, but we don't know why. Also we don't know if and when they will target a human and with what effect.

@mister_nobody
Your TL:DR is really strange. The point I got from your post is exactly the opposite, I should really judge a spirit from its appearance...

Dex-chan lover
That axe reaper might've been pants-pissingly terrifying, but he seems like a nice guy, saved that one girl from being possessed

Very interesting. I wonder how she will grow as a medium. Spirit world is still really confusing, wonder if we ever get good answers on it because if we do, it will become less creepy and scary.

Dex-chan lover
There are "good" guys it seems, but goddamn is everyone terrifying.

It's totally understandable that she might have let a little leak out.

Users who are viewing this thread