Mieruko-chan - Vol. 3 Ch. 22

Dex-chan lover
I prefer this to the gags of old. I was also thrown off by the first chapter if only for the fact that she played it off too perfectly. It's one thing if she was confronted by something minor, but she was staring straight at the face of ugly and it was played off as a joke. In retrospect, crappy initial intro chapters, but I do hope she grows further from here.

Also, author needs to lay off the twists. I consider a good ratio to be 85|15, but that doesn't just depend on the quantity, but also the quality. Redeeming or condemning a character is usually very heavy (so the vet really ought to be a true-blue good guy). The last twist with the morphing ghost was really good on its own though.

Dex-chan lover
And with that Miko has been elevated to one of the bravest protagonists I've ever seen.
Someone already mentioned it in the comments, but it is a credit to the author that without negatively affecting the story we have no clear indication on what is going to happen next.
Not to mention the gorgeous art displayed on the two page spread. I would love an anime adaption, but I would fear it would mean a significant loss in quality.

Contributor
It's been awhile since I want to see an anime adaptation of a manga, and this one is just too good and too creepy to be shown in animated form mmm...

Man, what a ride. She is finally taking a stance on this ghosts stuff.

Also i believe we were foreshadowed about it back in chapter 4 with the "Don't judge a book by its cover"

We though it only meant for the thug looking guy but it was also for him.

I love this manga. And looks like everyone else does too. Such a wonderfully engaging work and the author is a master at making the unknown detailed yet ambiguous in nature.

Aggregator gang
That guardian spirit looked like its gonna use the Shin Ki Ko Ho on the monster like tien did on cell

If I were her I'd start a career as a shrine maiden. I'd look pretty silly being a grown man in the little miko outfit but I think she could pull it off.

Good ass chapter, liked how the author subverted our expectations with the teacher. Interested in how this develops considering she has no more extra lives.

Those last pages gave me chills... the sudden appearance of the two shrine gods really show how quickly they swooped in from nowhere and mauled the ghost.
Love this manga, would give a perfect 5/7

Dex-chan lover
She better show some appreciation to them... it would be the right thing to do after all one was killed at least once for her.

wow, the author just gave the ultimate "don't judge a book by it's cover" lecture.

so that makes the chapter 4 unnecessary, and the ominous story line useless.

Dex-chan lover
So, the cats despite suffering an horrible death and becoming these "black ghosts" still wanted to be with him because he showed kindness?
Author has some background in magic because that was a good act of misdirection.

Users who are viewing this thread