Mieruko-chan - Vol. 4 Ch. 24

Dex-chan lover
Okay so grandma is gonna be useful not because of her power but because she smart, and the other guy is mieruko-chan but guy

Dex-chan lover
Wait... Didn't she find the shrine using an app on her phone? How can it not exist?

We finally meet someone that has their abilities at least on par with our MC. Hopefully he is more experienced and can teach her something to make her life easier.

At least she has more capable allies now.

Initially thought this was going to be somewhat a slice of life manga but paranormal which I love, but it looks like there's more to it, which I also love! Ominous demon and medium (?) time!

I hope the shrine god isn't malevolent. it would just be nice for her to have some access to an at least situationally benevolent supernatural force. just because its shrine doesn't exist in reality and mieruko and hana were likely pulled into it via the machinations of the shrine god, that doesn't mean that it's malevolent.

as to the idea that it makes a contract with spiritually powerful young women and then turns them into those shrine maiden ghosts, I don' think that fits; Mieruko is like a once in a generation spiritual talent from what we've seen, so that's probably not a sustainable source of maidens. I'm not even sure that there's more than just the two shrine maidens anyway, tbh; I think they just regenerate once they're destroyed because their existence is tied to the shrine god. and also, the shrine god only came out after the shrine maidens failed to kill the monster on their first attempt. if they had succeeded, the god probably wouldn't have revealed itself.

anyway, we've seen no evidence that the shrine god is malevolent in any way. it's kept to its side of the deal, it doesn't have the same gritty gory texture as the malevolent or corrupted ghosts, tho it also doesn't have the shiny glowy texture of the happy purified ghosts. It's probably something in its own category.

Dex-chan lover
Mystery guy probably an acquaintance of godmother, who's also the one who sent the photo. Mieruko's probably in a rather bigger problem than usual :eek:

@Aspheric
Mieruko is like a once in a generation spiritual talent
If you see a rare talent like that, why wouldn't you recruit them? They could be worth dozens of shrine maidens with their potential. I believe the idea that the shrine god wanting any or both of the girls converted into its ghost-killing shrine maidens is possible. I said "any or both of the girls" because while Miko-chan has a strong spiritual sense (and a fitting nickname), I don't remember her purifying hostile ghosts by herself. So next we have Hana with her who, while having no spiritual sense, has a purifying aura.

Dex-chan lover
Edit: Bad phrasing...
This author tends not to forget about things, but i haven't heard about Miko's father again... is he still staying(haunting) her house??

Power Uploader
@Mr_Stizblee She searched for a "really holy place" in her app, and followed the directions. She didn't search for a "really holy shrine". She probably tapped on the first hit and didn't give it much thought. The name of the place is "Minutani Shrine" (chapter 11), so perhaps it did exist at a point in the past, so the app might have sent her to the spot where it was.

Curiously, the spot in her app doesn't have a label and seems to be in the middle of nowhere.

Fed-Kun's army
It's already coming to collect the payment. And she did say she was willing to do anything.

Dex-chan lover
this manga is so fucking good. the whole part with the old psychic was perfect. everything from the reveal about the old man to her reaction to the picture.

god what a great manga.

Users who are viewing this thread