Mieruko-chan - Vol. 4 Ch. 27

@Borderline Nah, that stuff looked like inarizushi, a common offering to Inari shrines. Looks like they weren't too happy with the offering, like they found it insulting is the impression I got.

"Fried tofu is believed to be a favorite food of Japanese foxes, and an Inari-zushi roll has pointed corners that resemble fox ears, thus reinforcing the association"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inari_shrine

"An Inari shrine (稲荷神社, Inari Jinja) is a type of Japanese shrine used to worship the deity Inari. Inari is a popular deity associated with foxes, rice, household wellbeing, business prosperity, and general prosperity. Inari shrines are typically constructed of white stucco walls with red-lacquered woodwork, and their entrances are marked by vermilion torii. Both Buddhist and Shinto Inari shrines are located throughout Japan."

Oh man this chapter was such a laugh.
While Miko is busy arguing with the tree huggers, Hana its making art out of food.
And grandma knows best, dont play pokemon go, play normal pokemon its much better.

Dex-chan lover
Spirit medium granny MVP. I'm really glad that Miko's finally getting more and more people who know her plight and want to help out.

Dex-chan lover
You know, Godmother just gave away an interesting bit of observation. If a psychic whose sight is limited like Godmother looks at the foxes, they'd be so blurry that their outer silhouette would conform roughly to the shape of two cute fox-eared shrine maidens. Similarly, Inari would look like a giant fox. Only someone with a sight as powerful as Miko's would see them as the eldritch abominations that they are. So people get deluded into thinking of them as gods when they're really monsters because most people simply can't peer that deep.

Dex-chan lover
Man author should've explained what those two ghost are in this chapter.

Dex-chan lover
Honestly, Miko might be my favourite FMC in any manga right now. She's such a good and strong character. I want all the best things for her.

Fed-Kun's army
Miko really needs to learn proper methods to make prayer in Shrine, I figured that they might be angry at her manners,

@Opelia Chapter 24, someone sent grandma a photo of the MC and her hungry friend at the shine and Gma recognized the place and that that shrine aint a real place.

Waaaahh grandmama please teach Miko some self-defense! She knows too little and I get sooo worried whenever anything gets too close! ヽ(´□`。)ノ

man I wouldive pissed and shitted in my pants way back in chapter 1 but she held out for so long.

Users who are viewing this thread