Mieruko-chan - Vol. 4 Ch. 27

there's something sinister about the shrine guardian spirits that creeps me out almost as much as the regular creepy crawlies

Dex-chan lover
Finally the wait was killing me..

1. Hana seemed to have heard Miko's internal cry for help from the final panel of last chapter.
2. Kyousuke continues to be BEST BOY.
3. The offerings were rejected, but I really hope the Inari God and Kitsune Attendants aren't actually malevolent for Miko's sake.
4. At long last someone arrives who can empathize with all the horrifying shit Miko has gone through. Someone to just let her know how brave and strong she is. Reading those few simple words and seeing Miko's reaction gives me life for days. Godmother is back, in-fucking-deed!

Overall 10/10 Chapter
The author was also recently interviewed on the manga, and gave some interesting background info such as the fact that the title-name was originally his wife's idea (also a mangaka) : https://media.comicspace.jp/archives/15191

Since i don't know much about japanese urban legend / folklore, can someone drop me a theory about that "jingle spirit"?

Dex-chan lover
Omg someone reached out, someone saved her. Godmother, thank you so much

Shrine things, wtf is your deal, you say she has 3 chances, yet save her again??? Wait, don't tell me they think she can understand them or sth... she could only understand that god thing that one time

Fed-Kun's army
Man, the scene when Miko put the offering down, closed her eyes and wished for the best only to open it to the enraged face of the Fox was epic beyond believe. I also thought: NOW IT'S OVER!

I'm buying the official eng. release as soon as possible. This is something you WANT to have in your shelf.

the fact the grandma can see them clearly than before... does it mean her time is near? I read somewhere that when someone is getting closer to their death, they can see things...

Fed-Kun's army
I wish the author would tell us what happens if the ghosts know you can see them. I still don't feel any sense of danger from this manga because... you know... they're fucking ghosts that pass through you.

Users who are viewing this thread