Mieruko-chan - Vol. 4 Ch. 27

Double-page supporter
Looks like they didn't like the offering. Choosy fuckers.

Dex-chan lover
Hopefully she'll actually get some solid explanations and not get interrupted by some emergency or whatever just to keep up the mystery forever ...

Dex-chan lover
godmother is back baby!!! every chapter of this manga just pulls me in deeper and i love it!

Group Leader
@Baysiri there have been occasions where the author has shown that harmful ghosts can harm you.
For example, in chapter 15, when mc was in the train, a ghost with an axe was going around hitting everybody with the axe, and it is heavily hinted that it was hunting ghosts possessing humans.
The biggest clue that ghosts can harm people is that, the lady next to her was "not looking so good" and it turned out she had a ghost in her (unless it was her soul or smth, which would mean that what happened is even worst lol)

So they don't just pass through you, there is some danger, the series just haven't clarified how deep yet

@Keasaer Not looking so good isn't much of an effect they can have on you. That's basically just having a bad day. Also, her appearance might have been different for the MC because she can see the ghosts.

Dex-chan lover
I've said it before.
But the contrast between the dark, messy and organic art style of the ghosts, and the cute, clean lined and cartoonish design of the human characters is simpy amazing.
It's unnerving, which is exactly the point.

Dex-chan lover
meanwhile his lil bro and best friend is having a shopping date. Cute

Where's Reina when you need her most.

Oh wait wrong series.

Dex-chan lover
If she just learns the secret of ghost-punching from Kogarashi, she’d be set

Fed-Kun's army
It seems only the left one was mad and the right one was the only one protecting Mieruko and holding back the angry one. They were also talking the whole time, maybe arguing?

I wonder if the 3 tries wasn't a "we're going to protect you 3 times" but a 3 saves before you need to learn how to protect yourself. Maybe they need her for something?

@Siegna What I think happened is that she could see them clearly after being touched by someone, maybe Miko, which is what represents the hand reaching at something, and the fact she then peeks at Miko behind her, when godmother thinks about it ? I guess, I might have gotten that wrong though.
Something triggered it is what is implied, whatever it might be.

so they are either trying to protect her or they want her for a sacrifice or sumthing.

this is getting interesting

Aggregator gang
this is one of the best series I ever read. Taking a generic comedic premise of "I see ghosts, but I don't want to" and turning it into something so brilliant takes a lot of talent.

@Pyoro big hard amen to that. One can only hope. It's one of these tropes that simply will not go away in manga!

Users who are viewing this thread