Mietemasu yo! Aizawa-san - Vol. 3 Ch. 13 - Neo, the Exorcist

Dex-chan lover
I just really love the Aizawa doodles that crop op in the background and some scenes. Thes look super funny and cute at the same time :win:

Dex-chan lover
*Barges in through the 3rd floor window while surrounded by crows
*Exorcises ghosts by choking them with a pendulum and essentially beating the shit out them.
*Refuses to elaborate.
*Walks into the sunset

The exorcist is now my favorite character.

Dex-chan lover
So Michi don't just failed to remember the previous Obon Festival, she also seems to failed to recognize the exorcist, and she was close to remember something about Aizawa when she went to talk to her. But it don't look like she have forgotten a lot of her life's memories.

My take is that she meet the exorcist once for a formal exorcism, to stop seeing ghost or to have some knowledge about her condition, or because she was haunted at the time. If she has learned the hard way that ghosts are scary, it's OK to suppose she had been exorcised at least once. And she didn't recognize the exorcist because she just forgot normally, while the exorcist remember her because of the second little Michi in dress that seems to haunt her is something uncommon.

And for what happen during the festival, the little girl crying may be the little Michi in dress that seems to haunt her.

i started reading for the romcom ghost shenanigans and now the plot is getting JUICY i love it

thanks for translating and adding that tidbit at the end! i tend to overlook details sadly so i appreciate not missing out on them :)

Do we have some details about young michi(?). Am I miss it? Or there is no details yet?

Group Leader
Dorothy is already teasing on twitter "I wish everyone could read chapter 14 already."
It's still 3 weeks away. :aquadrink:

Do we have some details about young michi(?). Am I miss it? Or there is no details yet?
No, there's been practically zero information on young Michi. Her major appearances were in chapter 6 and 8, then she appeared again in 12 when Michi tried talking to Aizawa and here when Neo was about to exorcise Aizawa.

Aggregator gang
I can't help but think this manga will get a tragedy tag in the future

God I love this. There are so many details in this chapter.
Thanks for the translation!

dont worry! I had no idea you were the one translating it but take all the time you need and dont feel rushed at all. do it at your own pace since I do understand that it'll take a while

It might take me another couple days. I've been busy lately.
dont worry! I had no idea you were the one translating it but take all the time you need and dont feel rushed at all. do it at your own pace since I do understand that it'll take a while

Dex-chan lover
So I think Michi might be dead. And that little kid was her in Limbo. She's not dead but she's not alive either. Idk maybe not but it seems like she died last year at the festival

Dex-chan lover
So I think Michi might be dead. And that little kid was her in Limbo. She's not dead but she's not alive either. Idk maybe not but it seems like she died last year at the festival
In Japan, there ARE stories about “living ghosts”. They don’t see the soul as a single “unit”, but more like… you could say, like a “fluid”? So in some cases, it’s possible that part of your soul “leak” from you, and form a living ghost. Often a vengeful one, but other cases exists too, like jealousy, over protectiveness, or obsession.

basically, Michi could have been haunted by… herself… for a while, and it might even be young Michi that is the source of many problems, even Aisawa’s death… Maybe she was obsessed with Aizawa and her living ghost killed her to bind her to Michi… A lot of different possibilities! O-O

But yeah. In Japanese folklore, you don’t need to die to produce a ghost.

Users who are viewing this thread